MIL tried to kill my dog and my son!!

Susan McGivney

Jul 8, 2011
Dutchess County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
My Mom watched my son and bully today while I was at work. It was 100+ degrees today. My In Laws came back (they are staying with us for a few weeks) So my MIL said she will watch them. She told my Mom she would take them both for a long walk to tire them out. My Mom told her you can't take this dog out for long walks in this weather. She had to tell her twice. So my Mom leaves and calls me right away to tell me. I wasn't finished with work but I rushed right home. There all three of them were on the road (we have a long driveway). I opened my window and yelled at my MIL that the dog shouldn't be out walking in this hot weather she could die. She said well she wanted to chase my son. DUH!!!!! I took Lily and my son in the car and drove them home. Put Lily in the room with the fan and air on and gave her water. WTH is wrong with people that they don't freakin listen???? UGH!!!!:cursing:

Well thank you for letting me vent!! I needed to tell someone other than my Mom...

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So can your hubby talk some sense into his mother?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's crazy that people won't listen, good thing you left work early and found them before you bully got too hot. Did you want to tie your MIL to the car and drive around the block??

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Can you take Lily to work with you while your inlaws are there? She obviously knows nothing about Bulldogs! Here's hoping she has a clue about kids and heat!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I'm so sorry hope you can talk some sense into her tonight. But I do like the part were you took your dog and son and drove home and left her out in the heat

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Its a good thing you showed up when you did...100+ degrees?? I'm sorry but the outcome would not have been good =(
Please make sure you tell, show them...something online that states this. They may think you are over reacting.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would also try to find something written to show them so that she will LISTEN. I would also have your hubby reinforce anything you have said to her. I understand your frustration. I would have been angry too and you have every right to be!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That is terrible!!

I hate it when non-bully owners don't listen. People think I'm over reacting when I don't take Delilah out in ridiculously hot weather.

I hope she can get some sense talked into her!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
A long walk in that kind of weather is bad for anyone!! Hope you skin and furkids are okay!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Wow I hate tgat. I hate that some mil or even moms have the I know better attitude err glad they were ok tho

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
I get this all the time. My sister has a house with a nice yard for wally to play in and she keeps inviting us over but she doesn't let the dog in her house and it's been over 100 here as well. When I explain how heat and bulldogs don't mix she thinks we are just nutty dog owners who are way over protective.

Most Reactions