Experience with clicker training?

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
My husband attending basic obedience class orientation with Penny last night. It's based on clicker training. I think she'll do fine since it's essentially about food motivation to start.

We had to "charge the clicker" last night...basically click & treat freebies so that she starts to learn the click means a treat is coming. She was like velcro with my husband after we were done. Following him around & sitting like a lady next to his feet waiting for a click. haha

We have a game to do with a box tonight. I'm excited to see what she does.

We have been trying to bell train her since June & she uses is sporadically. I started clicking & treating this afternoon after I tapped her foot in the bell. She already used the bell twice on her own this afternoon.

I hope we do well with the classes! We signed up for a 6 week class and we can go as many times as we want to in those 6 weeks. Everyone works at their own pace & the instructor keeps track of what skills you are working on.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think that's great you have her in a pup class, some good bonding and also she learns to obey, also we could use some pics of the action, haven't seen that pretty girl in a while.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Fantastic, what you are doing....... good luck with it :):D

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I want to hear how it goes......I really wanted to try it with Lola but took her to puppy kindergarten instead.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Good luck!

I've only minorly used clicker training. I don't have much experience with it.

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
I've done a lot of clicker training. It's based on a philosophy used by a dolphin trainer - Karen Pryor is her name i think./

I just loved it - the clicker/treat sequence is powerful. I have several clickers still but lost interest in obedience training.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have always been interested in this. Especially with Lucy because I think she would have been a great obedience dog. Keep us posted on how things go!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online