Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldog Humping Behaviour - help?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog Humping Behaviour - help?

Quote Originally Posted by reallyrob View Post
    Not all males stop the humping once they are neutered. My Cocker Spaniel still tries to hump Bertie, and half the time Bertie who is a spayed female will try to hump him!
    That is true, Mugsy got fixed young and yet he humps on Cutty when Cutty gets playing fetch and I guess gets excited to play also. hehe. He never has tried to hump anything else tho so I think he relates that to playing somehow. Cutty on the other hand got fixed after being a year and never humped before or after fixing BUT when there are young kids around and playing he does get excited and wants to hump them also. For them it must be somehow thought of as part of play time or something. lol. Not something that happens very often tho.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Horse
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulldog Humping Behaviour - help?

Horse is 4 and un-neutered, as I have never felt completly comfortable with our vets bulldog experience, and am too scared to have him put under anesthesia. He has always been a humper, his newest thing is humping pillows. I bought him an expensive, monogrammed dog bed from LLBean that he loved and slept on for a month, then started humping it, and won't stop until I take it away! So, with everything I've learned about training from this site and some reading, I've started to finally train Horse, and teach him that I am the "alpha" and not him, and WOW, what a difference it's made is our home. We still have a long way to go, but I've learned that having a trained dog makes both you and the dog soooo much happier! So, I think with some training it is possible to "cure" the humping issue!
    the bond between a child and their dog is beyond words...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads