asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Congratulations! My bully is a tad OCD and didn't like her crate to be moved. My suggestion is to put the crate where you want it to be and leave it there. Have you picked out a name yet?

Yeah his name is Cassius. We are gonna call him Cash

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Delilah was absolutely atrocious about the first week - two weeks that I had her home. I've had puppies before..but oh my god, she was just awful.

Non stop whining and crying all night. The crate was in my room. I tried covering the crate, she still wouldn't sleep. I wasn't getting any sleep what so ever. Finally, on like..day 3, I put her in a tiny dog carrier, and put her on my fricken bed next to my face and she didn't cry. She did occasionally, but not NEARLY as bad.

Now she doesn't whine in the crate at all. But as a little puppy..she was terrible.

Oh My! yeah I am expecting the worse,but hoping for the best. I know i am going to find out soon! this coming weekend will be the last weekend I get to sleep in, so I am going to try to enjoy every last minute of it.

OP
asimpson

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Tell the breeder to let her sleep with a blanket until you pick up your new puppy and pick up the puppy and the blanket. The blanket will help comfort them at night. It will be a familiar smell so dont go home and wash the blanket.

I have emailed the breeder and requested that he put in something to pick up the smelly of his litter mates and also his momma. Thanks for the suggestion, deffinately going to try this and hope it helps ease his transition.

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
Ok here's a goofy question to add on to this topic. How do you differentiate between whining for attention versus whining to go out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.