Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppy Sleeping Situation

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy Sleeping Situation

Congratulations! My bully is a tad OCD and didn't like her crate to be moved. My suggestion is to put the crate where you want it to be and leave it there. Have you picked out a name yet?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

It seems like you have been waiting for this little guy forever! I hope the next 3 weeks go quickly for you!

You've gotten great advice, but I just wanted to add what we did with Penny that worked.

I put her crate right next to my side of the bed. She would wake to go out to pee, and then cry 5-10 mins sometimes when I put her back in. With her crate next to the bed, I could reach down and put my hand in the crate without getting out of bed, lol. That comforted her enough that she would lay down & go to sleep.

My sister also told me to put a worn t-shirt in the crate with her. We did the the first week or so at night and it made a difference that she could smell us. When we wouldn't, she was restless and cried. I would get up, and fish a t-shirt out of the laundry & she would curl on up on it right away.

You actually get used to the bully snoring.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Delilah was absolutely atrocious about the first week - two weeks that I had her home. I've had puppies before..but oh my god, she was just awful.

Non stop whining and crying all night. The crate was in my room. I tried covering the crate, she still wouldn't sleep. I wasn't getting any sleep what so ever. Finally, on like..day 3, I put her in a tiny dog carrier, and put her on my fricken bed next to my face and she didn't cry. She did occasionally, but not NEARLY as bad.

Now she doesn't whine in the crate at all. But as a little puppy..she was terrible.

Real Name
    Allison Simpson
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cassius aka "Cash"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mandyjo View Post
    Congratulations! My bully is a tad OCD and didn't like her crate to be moved. My suggestion is to put the crate where you want it to be and leave it there. Have you picked out a name yet?
    Yeah his name is Cassius. We are gonna call him Cash

Real Name
    Allison Simpson
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cassius aka "Cash"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    Delilah was absolutely atrocious about the first week - two weeks that I had her home. I've had puppies before..but oh my god, she was just awful.

Non stop whining and crying all night. The crate was in my room. I tried covering the crate, she still wouldn't sleep. I wasn't getting any sleep what so ever. Finally, on like..day 3, I put her in a tiny dog carrier, and put her on my fricken bed next to my face and she didn't cry. She did occasionally, but not NEARLY as bad.

Now she doesn't whine in the crate at all. But as a little puppy..she was terrible.
    Oh My! yeah I am expecting the worse,but hoping for the best. I know i am going to find out soon! this coming weekend will be the last weekend I get to sleep in, so I am going to try to enjoy every last minute of it.

Real Name
    Allison Simpson
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cassius aka "Cash"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VuBulldogs View Post
    Tell the breeder to let her sleep with a blanket until you pick up your new puppy and pick up the puppy and the blanket. The blanket will help comfort them at night. It will be a familiar smell so dont go home and wash the blanket.
    I have emailed the breeder and requested that he put in something to pick up the smelly of his litter mates and also his momma. Thanks for the suggestion, deffinately going to try this and hope it helps ease his transition.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chula
    Likes (Received)

Ok here's a goofy question to add on to this topic. How do you differentiate between whining for attention versus whining to go out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads