Looking for my first! Eng Bulldog Mix?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
@AMart79 I thought you went today to look at the brindle. He sure is cutie! Let us know how it went when you get home. Did the apartment stuff pan out??

OP
A

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
yea apartment went swimmingly. The issue I had was my current roommate didn't want to live with a dog, but my girlfriend and I were already planning to move. We found an apt just had to actually get it and get our move in date. So that's all done!

I was thinking of going today but tomorrow worked out better since i'm going about an hour away to see him. Tomorrow morning is the day so i'll be sure to let everybody know how it goes! I did get some supplies today (bowls, training pads, and a little play pen) so i'm pretty motivated :) Wish me luck and i'll report back whatever happens!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
@AMart79, I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if you bring him home! Don't forget to post tons of pics if you do :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
It's not for everyone but I adopted my Bullie. Not rescue... adoption. I went to her house, checked out her parents and her living conditions - which was excellent. Asked lots of questions. Her momma handed me a thick folder of everything she's ever had of the dog - every single vet visit receipt, all her shots info, registration papers, etc. She also gave me her giant box of toys, a bag of wardrobe (includes several collars and jewelry), a giant bag of dog food, her kennel and blankets, and she even gave me a small vial with her first tooth.

My husband wanted a puppy, but we wanted to go for rescue - just trying to be a good samaritan or something. The rescue we looked into wanted us to have a fence and no children under 10 years old, so it didn't work out. We were worried about adopting an adult because bullies typically don't live too long. But, we saw this bullie (turns 3 years old next month) and fell in love. We have zero regrets. None. She's awesome.

Just my humble opinion - I always say, if money is tight, don't get a pet - any pet. They're like kids - you don't realize how expensive it is to have kids until you're pinching pennies to pay for new sneakers... again... because they grew out of the new sneakers they had 3 months ago.  There will always come a time when you are hit with a major unexpected pet expense. My friend spent $2K a few years ago when her dog's face swelled up after getting bit by a water mocassin.  You kinda have to have emergency funds to weather it. Chances are, if you have the $2K to spend on a puppy, you are well enough off to afford the vet bills that EBs are known for.  Or, if you have the $2K to spend on a puppy, you can get a rescue and use the $2K to boost up the pet's health-savings-fund. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.