Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for my first! Eng Bulldog Mix?

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Looking for my first! Eng Bulldog Mix?

Oh my that brindle puppy is cute!! I'm partial to brindle

Bulldog(s) Names
    Valentine and Dolly
    Likes (Received)

We have had two Olde English Bulldogges now and our first was a rescue...BEST dog in the world!!!! When she passed away we got another of the same breed but as a puppy. She's considered 1st generation...her dad is AKC EB and her mom is 1/2 AKC EB and 1/2 American Bulldog.

Some breeders of OEB's have used other breeds in their lines so you can't always be sure. Which was the case with our first...but darn if she wasn't the best dog on earth.

Our puppy is an amazing girl and I know she was bred well.

We just recently adopted a 4 year old English Bulldog for $500 from a breeder who retired her. She's a total love bug. But she has an eye condition that will be there for life and she's been limping a bit.

Anyway...I would suggest googling the heck out of adult dogs for sale. I probably talked to and visited 100 breeder sites in our search. Alot of breeders retire their dogs and sell them for less then a puppy and they want them to go to a good home.

Rescue can be time consuming but definitely worth it...some of people's most cherished pets come from rescue.

Good luck! And OEB's are wonderful dogs.. If you feel comfortable with the breeder and meet the puppy and have him vet checked I'm sure you'll be happy with your new addition.

Also, feel free to check out my albums on this site...the all white dog was our OEB and the black and white puppy is our now 5 month old OEB.

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

I'm pre tty sure violets dad is a English, old English mix (breeder wont admit it) she's got real long legs but she's gorgeous and so dad a great pup

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Amart79 Well??? Any puppy news???

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lupe (or Lulu)
    Likes (Received)

I wanted to say that a slight mix might be a good thing for your first bully in terms of stuff that veteran bulldog owners expect and plan for. The puppy in the first pic looks like he has a slightly longer snout, which our dog has too; we've had ZERO breathing problems. That said, if the price is so low because there's a problem lurking, you will end up paying the difference AND MUCH MORE in vet bills. My vet confided in me recently that they had a bully puppy in full oxygen isolation because he had horrible pneumonia. The owners were young and said they bought the puppy on Craigslist and weren't sure they could pay for the days and days of hospitalization.

So, kudos on doing your research! I wouldn't stress out too much about a mix as long as the puppy is healthy. (Don't worry. You'll have more bully's in your life trust me! There's no going back!) Enjoy! Our dog has made us the happiest people on earth.

PS: are you sure those two bulldogs are the parents in your first post? The coloring looks different.

Hey guys, sorry to clarify: the original mix puppy is no longer in my plans, I was leaning away from a mix plus he was sold.

Gatorray: sorry I haven't had much to update. Were considering the brindle and looking tomorrow! I'm really excited! I'll be back to keep everyone posted. I'm glad everyone had good things to say about the brindle guy

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@AMart79 I thought you went today to look at the brindle. He sure is cutie! Let us know how it went when you get home. Did the apartment stuff pan out??

yea apartment went swimmingly. The issue I had was my current roommate didn't want to live with a dog, but my girlfriend and I were already planning to move. We found an apt just had to actually get it and get our move in date. So that's all done!

I was thinking of going today but tomorrow worked out better since i'm going about an hour away to see him. Tomorrow morning is the day so i'll be sure to let everybody know how it goes! I did get some supplies today (bowls, training pads, and a little play pen) so i'm pretty motivated Wish me luck and i'll report back whatever happens!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@AMart79, I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if you bring him home! Don't forget to post tons of pics if you do

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

It's not for everyone but I adopted my Bullie. Not rescue... adoption. I went to her house, checked out her parents and her living conditions - which was excellent. Asked lots of questions. Her momma handed me a thick folder of everything she's ever had of the dog - every single vet visit receipt, all her shots info, registration papers, etc. She also gave me her giant box of toys, a bag of wardrobe (includes several collars and jewelry), a giant bag of dog food, her kennel and blankets, and she even gave me a small vial with her first tooth.

My husband wanted a puppy, but we wanted to go for rescue - just trying to be a good samaritan or something. The rescue we looked into wanted us to have a fence and no children under 10 years old, so it didn't work out. We were worried about adopting an adult because bullies typically don't live too long. But, we saw this bullie (turns 3 years old next month) and fell in love. We have zero regrets. None. She's awesome.

Just my humble opinion - I always say, if money is tight, don't get a pet - any pet. They're like kids - you don't realize how expensive it is to have kids until you're pinching pennies to pay for new sneakers... again... because they grew out of the new sneakers they had 3 months ago.  There will always come a time when you are hit with a major unexpected pet expense. My friend spent $2K a few years ago when her dog's face swelled up after getting bit by a water mocassin.  You kinda have to have emergency funds to weather it. Chances are, if you have the $2K to spend on a puppy, you are well enough off to afford the vet bills that EBs are known for.  Or, if you have the $2K to spend on a puppy, you can get a rescue and use the $2K to boost up the pet's health-savings-fund. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by anatess; 07-27-2011 at 04:15 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads