Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on chin acne!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)
    Last edited by wfd38383; 07-18-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need advice on chin acne!

I found that Neosporin works well for the chin bumps. Just rub it on liberally because he may want to eat it up. It does work though. The bumos aren't a reason to be alarmed. I was at first too until I realized it's just another bully thing. Best of Luck !!!
    Even on the most awful of days, Hambone can get a smile out of me. I don't know what else to say other than, the bond one has with their dog is one of the most special things there is.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

In the photo .. I would agree that it looks as if they are healing.

You said you just got the deer antlers .. and I know how much they LOVE these things .. so maybe it was a little excess drool from all that chewing on his new toy/treat that could have given him the outbreak!!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sy and Tom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisandtob View Post
    Phatty has had some chin acne the last couple of weeks. It is turning a dark red and i dont know if that means it's geeting better or worse. It is three big bumps. I've read all the old posts relating to chin acne. We do not use plastic dishes. He is on fromm food. He gets grain free snacks. The last three days i've been using clearasil ultra pads on his chin. I'm thinking maybe i need to bring him to the vet for an antiobiotic. Here's a pic. Help!!
    Hi I'm having the same issues and what I use to clean Sy chin I use aloe wipes or green tea wipes too for sensitive skin also hydrogen peroxide around the effected area too . It's mostly from bacteria in bedding or bowls so try to clean his bedding clean wash 2-3 mo and also giving him dental cleaning by wipes help too but you must get those online or at pet stores for his teeth only. Good luck I hope this helps

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads