Puppy has bad gas! Whew I need some help.

chillychilla

Jun 12, 2011
San Jose Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
My puppy lets loose some silent and deadly gas. Its waken me up at night its so bad. Is it normal for a dog to smell this bad? It seems to happen every 10-30 mins. Well ok maybe not that much all the time but it happens alot. I just ordered 10 cans of consentrated room freshner plus a whole lot of plugin's. I feed her Fromm puppy gold plus I give her blue buffulo treats and get naked chew sticks. Also sometimes I give her a little peanut butter. Could it be anything I'm giving her. I hope this isnt normal. She sure can clear a room Lol.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
ahhh the infamous bullie farts...we have our bullies down to a minimum in the noxious gas area. canned pumpkin may help. mix a little in with their food at each meal...a tablespoon will do. it cuts down on the farting.

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
Phewy - i dont miss those silent but deadlies!! Phats used to get them but once we switched to fromm they pretty much went away. We had to experiment with different grain free treats though because certain kinds gave him the toots. U may need to try some different flavors maybe. Good luck!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Try cutting out the naked chew sticks for a week and see if that helps..... Im not sure about peanut butter but start with one thing at a time to try to find out what it is that is making him so odiferous. :D

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
ah when we first got Rambo his farts were so not normal, every 5 minutes i swear you basically had to wear a mask here, and at times when we would leave and come home, we walk in the door and BAM smells like poop, but no poop! its so gross, we figured out hes allergic to chicken, so that caused a lot of gas in the beginning, once we got that down, when we would give him bully sticks it would give him tremendous gas as well, so he gets those rarely haha

check the treats like what was said already, get rid of one thing for a couple weeks and see if it helps, it could very well be an allergic reaction to something if its THAT bad haha

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Don't use too much pumpkin or you will plug your Bully up .And make sure its just Canned Pumpkin NOT the canned Pumpkin pie filling which is spiced and not good for them. Also if you are giving your Bully those Rawhide chew toys that may well be the culprit. Beef= GAS......BAD GAS.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.