Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 63

Thread: I Need help

  1. #1
    Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Location
    california
    Posts
    776
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default I Need help

    Ok here's my problem we have to move to North Carolina in october. The only way we can afford to go is driving. Well I have my 10yr old and by then rose will be 8 months. We have no room foe violet. I'm hoping I can find someone to keep her till we get out taxes in march. I feel horrible I just don't know what to do heh. We thought wecould fly our 10yr old but the only straight flight cost over $500. I feel like a bad mom..



    Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sheila's Avatar
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    943
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I Need help

    does the 10 year old HAVE to take a straight flight? i've flown with out parents when i was 7 and had a connecting flight. the flight attendants and crew are very kind to kids flying solo and help them go from gate to gate. i'm sure it's even safer now with all the regulations at airport security. I really hate to see people turn their back on their dogs when things become inconvenient, cause you know a dog would never leave your side.

    if you have a good trustworthy friend, they may be willing to foster violet until you can come back for her. I know if i was in CA i would, she is so cute!

    good luck, i hope you're able to find a solution.

  3. #3
    Wrinkle Wiper Terry's Avatar
    Location
    Central Valley, California
    Posts
    111
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I Need help

    Hello,
    What part of Cali are you located in, just wondered as I might be able to help.
    Terry

  4. #4
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: I Need help

    Oh@Angievelvet..what a tough situation.. I'm sure you will figure it out! Wish I was closer..

  5. #5

    Default Re: I Need help

    I don't think there are any airlines that will fly brachycephalic breeds anymore as of last November. Is there any way that you could box and ship your belongings ahead of time to someone and then have room for both dogs? It is terribly hard and expensive to go across country and I would hate for you to have to make the trip twice. Good luck!

  6. #6
    Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Location
    california
    Posts
    776
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    does the 10 year old HAVE to take a straight flight? i've flown with out parents when i was 7 and had a connecting flight. the flight attendants and crew are very kind to kids flying solo and help them go from gate to gate. i'm sure it's even safer now with all the regulations at airport security. I really hate to see people turn their back on their dogs when things become inconvenient, cause you know a dog would never leave your side.

    if you have a good trustworthy friend, they may be willing to foster violet until you can come back for her. I know if i was in CA i would, she is so cute!

    good luck, i hope you're able to find a solution.
    They don't let children fly alone unless its a straight flight ugh. And thank u ur sweet my bully family on here is amazing

    Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Location
    california
    Posts
    776
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hello,
    What part of Cali are you located in, just wondered as I might be able to help.
    Terry
    I'm in Norther California manteca. Its about an hour south of Sacramento

    Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Location
    california
    Posts
    776
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcrazytime View Post
    I don't think there are any airlines that will fly brachycephalic breeds anymore as of last November. Is there any way that you could box and ship your belongings ahead of time to someone and then have room for both dogs? It is terribly hard and expensive to go across country and I would hate for you to have to make the trip twice. Good luck!
    I only have one dog my skin kids will take up all the room in the back seat heh. We have a Pontiac grand am so there no room

    Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: I Need help

    Or even rent some kind of car and drive 2? That would be my choice I think if I was faced with this situation. I would watch her but I am in southern cali. If you wanna drive down tho, its an option I suppose. There has to be a solution if you think and want it bad enough.

  10. #10
    I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    GatorRay's Avatar
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,472
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: I Need help

    Like @cali~jenn, I was thinking that renting a car might be a good solution! It would be less hectic and cheaper than sending your child on an unaccompanied flight (though your 10yo might think that would be so COOL! lol). Plus with a second car, you can take more of your belongings with you which is always good when you are moving with children. Believe me, I have moved so many times that I can't even count them since I was an army brat and now a Navy wife. Plus, then you can switch off driving the un-kid car to give you a break lol.

  11. #11
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,247
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: I Need help

    I agree, renting a car is a great idea and may be cheaper than flying one of the kids. I would take Violet but I'm way too far away.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  12. #12
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,247
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: I Need help

    Another option is we know a woman that transports dogs all over the place, she has a motor home and takes them, timing would have to be right though and renting a car may be cheaper, but just an idea.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •