Not open for further replies.
OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thanks ;) I have one that is like a canvas material but it's huge ubcoukd fit like 3bullies in it lol how big is urs maybe we could swap

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
No swapping needed..it's big enough for a 100 lb golden retriever..has a zip up front mesh door..I don't need a swap! It's surplus..my daughters dog stays here sometimes when they go out of town and he sleeps loose now!! Just let me know!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
No swapping needed..it's big enough for a 100 lb golden retriever..has a zip up front mesh door..I don't need a swap! It's surplus..my daughters dog stays here sometimes when they go out of town and he sleeps loose now!! Just let me know!

Awe thanks so much your a swerve heart ill take a Puck of mine and shoe u what I have we might have the same thing ;)

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Sorry I couldnā€™t get to this post sooner. Donā€™t underestimate how willing a bully is to do what you ask her to do, especially in car trips. Even that young, she may just curl up on the passenger-side floor (they often like the hum of the engine/road). After the first leg, sheā€™ll hopefully be like, ā€œok, this is the new normal! Letā€™s go!ā€ Maybe feed her slightly less to keep her tummy calm. Also, if you want to stop overnight, KOA campgrounds are pretty cheap, easy freeway access, dog-friendly and they have showers. Toss the kids in a $30 tent and youā€™re all set!! (kidding!!)

I really feel for you trying to keep the family unit together. Itā€™s a stunning/boring/interesting road trip actually, and youā€™ll make plenty of memories along the way. Even the rough spots will become funny stories in a few years! Keep us posted!!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2101]SunDog[/MENTION] thanks :) im sure violet will be easier to transport than my 10yr old lol we are looking forward to this roadtrip. My sister is mapping out all the super cheap and free stuff to do along the way I can't wait.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I can't seem to find the pop up kennel errr. So either its hiding in my side storage or my hubby never put it in there and it got taken. :p

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I can't seem to find the pop up kennel errr. So either its hiding in my side storage or my hubby never put it in there and it got taken. :p. So if it willing to send it I'd appreciate it.
;)

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I sent it ;) thanks so much. Iif mine shows up ill let u know rite away

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION]..I reread this thread..and I immediately remembered why I felt so shocked and disappointed that you "rehomed" Violet. I really wish you had just left this picture in my head and NEVER told me Violet was gone. If you think this means I'm judgmental...so be it. I've lived through too many long distance moves with too many animals to understand .

Last edited:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
i agree... i was trying to keep my mouth shut on this one but it's really been bothering me. she had to have known about the move before getting violet, the poor baby is only 6 months old now. it seems they never should have gotten violet in the first place, if they don't have the money to live on their own or even afford a plane ticket how did they afford to buy a bulldog puppy? And even if they saved up to get the initial cost they must have completely ignored the future costs of owning a dog, especially a bulldog with vet bills and all. Just drives me nuts. I'm only 21 so I get pre-judged by a lot of people including the vet I used to take Brooke to, they assume that since I'm young I'm too irresponsible to take care of a dog. Obviously this shows age does not determine how responsible or dedicated one is to their pet or as it is for me, my BABY.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
honestly the more i read and learn alot of things about this just dont add up. i am beginning to think they were going to get rid of her all along. so why the drama of oh can we take her or not. put all these people through trying to help her when she never intended to take the dog anyway. and did she really get rehomed to these wonderful people who just popped up to take her? sound more like bs to me im sorry but thats how i am starting to feel bout it.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I haven't said a word either....I will never understand. It would have to be one hellacious uncomfortable trip with tons of rest breaks or whatever but I could not---WOULD NOT ever go anywhere without my dog. Our animals should be just as our skin kids......if you don't feel this way then you should never even consider having an animal. Would you leave your child behind? A dog is a 8-20 year commitment, not a few months. However, I do hope violet has a good home and a great life and wish the same for angievelvet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.