Not open for further replies.
OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION]..I have a pop up kennel that folds totally flat..like those windshield shades you see. It held my daughters huge golden..if you decide to take her :pray: I will send it to you. She could sleep in it when not in car and won't be in your way..come to think of it..having raised 2 daughters..you might want to use it for your ten year old!! :laugh: we traveled 2200 miles in a blazer..with 2 dobermans..2 kids..one 8 months old..and a screaming cocktateil! It left a lasting impression on us..but we did it!! While you explore all your options..keep at the top the one that keeps your family together..4 legged and 2!!! We will keep our thinking caps on!

Thanks ;) I'm really hoping violet will be calmer by October

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you have plenty of time to figure this out, and yes your bully will or should have some better manners while you continue to train.

I do agree with [MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION] that 4 months is quite a long time, I know it would take me just a day or less to bond and want to keep the bully forever! Especially if their current girl bonds with her it will make her sad to see her go. Both you and [MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION] need to put in writing whatever you choose, to protect each other.

But if it were me, the bully would be side saddle and snoring on my lap the whole way, no matter how uncomfortable it would make me, or how hot I would get, I would just have to sacrifice and deal with it. We have driven 10,000 miles in the last 10 years and bullies were with us the whole time. Once my lap even got peed on!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ..here..here! I would've thanked you..but Big surprise! I've got none! :laugh:

Ps..I. Having a very hard time cheering for soccer and posting!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION] yes I know it's long. I think my hubby has made the discussion to hold her the hole trip lol. But Like I said I am just weighing out options and ideas. U have all been helpful. And Terry you offering help is amazibg

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
You could talk to your vet about getting a mild sedative for Violet to help calm her while you are traveling. Riding on Hubby's lap sounds like a good option, after all, Bulldogs are born to be lap dogs!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
You could talk to your vet about getting a mild sedative for Violet to help calm her while you are traveling. Riding on Hubby's lap sounds like a good option, after all, Bulldogs are born to be lap dogs!

Never thought if that. I will ask. I hope she doesn't get car sick. Can i give her dramemine (sp?)

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I'm hoping that wont happen lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully yours will be like mine, I have taken 2 of them from Texas to Florida and back and they did not get sick, yea.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Lol well ill talk to the vet and make sure I have something with us just in case I know I will for the skin kids ;)

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Dramamine works great..my non bully gets car sick and the Dramamine has stopped it..plus small meals..we have lots of time to help you get prepared! Jake is the best traveler EVER! I hope Violet will be too!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Dramamine works great..my non bully gets car sick and the Dramamine has stopped it..plus small meals..we have lots of time to help you get prepared! Jake is the best traveler EVER! I hope Violet will be too!

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thank u ;) [MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION] I want to thank you again for even thinking u could help me. Maybe we can still meet up somewhere and have the bullies play ;)

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Looks like things are going to work out, you might want to consider taking a few short trips to practice and get her used to the car. I know that the lavender can calm my baby down, I buy the dryer bags at trader joes and she loves the sent. I'm glad she is going to stay with her family. There is a great place I buy products for my bully in North Carolina called the Carolina pet pantry. Best of luck on your relocation.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION]..the offer for the pop up kennel stands..I'm very relieved you are planning on taking her with you..she will be much calmer in a few months and [MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION] has a great idea of preparing her for the trip by taking shorter trips! It's so important that people realize our dogs are part of our families and NOT disposable. You will set an example for your children by doing the right thing not always the easiest..but definitely the right!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Looks like things are going to work out, you might want to consider taking a few short trips to practice and get her used to the car. I know that the lavender can calm my baby down, I buy the dryer bags at trader joes and she loves the sent. I'm glad she is going to stay with her family. There is a great place I buy products for my bully in North Carolina called the Carolina pet pantry. Best of luck on your relocation.

Thanks a million. And I am serious about trying to meet up before I leave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.