I Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
wish I lived there....I would so keep her for you. I think I would just have to make it uncomfortable for everyone if I couldn't find a solution. They kiddo or someone would have to be uncomfortable and hold Violets big tush, cuz I wouldn't leave her:(

Yup. I have evacuated for several hurricanes with three kids, three cats and a dog with two adults in an impala. Lol

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Yup. I have evacuated for several hurricanes with three kids, three cats and a dog with two adults in an impala. Lol

:ROFL: Wish I could've seen that!! I would have done the same. I could never leave Chaos, I think I'd leave the hubby first :lmao:No I really wouldn't, I'd have to figure something out though!! Good luck for you and Ms Violet!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yeah there is an answer. What about renting a motorhome and towing your car behind? Plus the comfort of a motorhome with your kids would make for a nice road trip all around. If it were me I would never leave my boys, one way or another they would come. On a lap, the floor something.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] you have a while to figure it out. I am sure you will find a solution.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Now u guys are making me feel awful I don't have the money for a motorhome. Its a 3-4 day drive. I don't want to leave her but I might have to and its not something I want to do. Maybe in 3 months violet will be out of her biting stage and maybe she will be calm and u won't need to crate her. Guess we will see.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION]s thanks I'm hoping things work out. Rite now I feel so bad..

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Don't mean to make you feel bad. I know where u are coming from, money is tight here as well. Hopefully u will find someone to keep her for you or hopefully she'll calm down a lil and can ride in the floor or lap of some lucky person :) You have plenty of time so just don't stress over it, just keep searching for the solution:)

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION] seriously, please don't feel bad! I certainly wasn't trying to do that. I just wanted to let you know that it CAN work and offer some possible solutions. You know...if you try only driving at night, everyone can sleep, including Violet. She would be a lot less active then. Everyone can sleep except for the driver and you can stop at a hotel (there are LOTS that allow pets with little or no fee, pm me when the time comes and I can help you with that) during the day and the non-driver can take the kids to the park, etc and walk Violet a lot while the driver sleeps and everyone can nap too. At any rate, you do still have some time. A solution WILL be found even if it is finding a foster for a bit...but then you would still have to drive back to pick her up :(.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, and I wanted to add that you could try driving on your own without the other adult and he can fly. I have done 2 and 3 day trips on my own with six kids and pets. It SUCKS, but it might be a solution....

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Ok, I have sent you my phone number. I do have concerns and perhaps the forum members have ideas. My Bully is a full grown female that is not fixed, she is at about 47 lbs. I am concerned how she would react to another baby in the house as she truly thinks she is the center of the world. I am not concerned about things being chewed we deal with that well. Our Couches are going to be replaced and we can wait on that, when Bubbles was a pup she chewed on them. Four months is a long time and I am concerned about how much time you will be missing with your Baby and how much we will be bonding. I am scheduled to have major surgery in either January or February depending on pre-op prep. Yes we have lots of help @ home Myself, my Hubby and a Twenty year old son. I just want to lay it all out on the table so you know our situation. I have already discussed this with my husband and we are willing to help, the concern is the length of time.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Oh, and I wanted to add that you could try driving on your own without the other adult and he can fly. I have done 2 and 3 day trips on my own with six kids and pets. It SUCKS, but it might be a solution....

I wish I was That brave lol I'm just someone who likes to try and make sure I have a plan. I know I have 3 months I just really don't want to worry heh. My 10yr old is so hormonal omg its unreal. So yeah this trip us going to be very interesting. She doesn't like traveling even two hours lol we are going 2,788 miles lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2469]Angievelvet[/MENTION]..I have a pop up kennel that folds totally flat..like those windshield shades you see. It held my daughters huge golden..if you decide to take her :pray: I will send it to you. She could sleep in it when not in car and won't be in your way..come to think of it..having raised 2 daughters..you might want to use it for your ten year old!! :laugh: we traveled 2200 miles in a blazer..with 2 dobermans..2 kids..one 8 months old..and a screaming cocktateil! It left a lasting impression on us..but we did it!! While you explore all your options..keep at the top the one that keeps your family together..4 legged and 2!!! We will keep our thinking caps on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.