I Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Ok here's my problem we have to move to North Carolina in october. The only way we can afford to go is driving. Well I have my 10yr old and by then rose will be 8 months. We have no room foe violet. I'm hoping I can find someone to keep her till we get out taxes in march. I feel horrible I just don't know what to do heh. We thought wecould fly our 10yr old but the only straight flight cost over $500. I feel like a bad mom..

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
does the 10 year old HAVE to take a straight flight? i've flown with out parents when i was 7 and had a connecting flight. the flight attendants and crew are very kind to kids flying solo and help them go from gate to gate. i'm sure it's even safer now with all the regulations at airport security. I really hate to see people turn their back on their dogs when things become inconvenient, cause you know a dog would never leave your side.

if you have a good trustworthy friend, they may be willing to foster violet until you can come back for her. I know if i was in CA i would, she is so cute!

good luck, i hope you're able to find a solution. :hug:

bulldogcrazytime

Apr 23, 2010
I don't think there are any airlines that will fly brachycephalic breeds anymore as of last November. Is there any way that you could box and ship your belongings ahead of time to someone and then have room for both dogs? It is terribly hard and expensive to go across country and I would hate for you to have to make the trip twice. Good luck!

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
does the 10 year old HAVE to take a straight flight? i've flown with out parents when i was 7 and had a connecting flight. the flight attendants and crew are very kind to kids flying solo and help them go from gate to gate. i'm sure it's even safer now with all the regulations at airport security. I really hate to see people turn their back on their dogs when things become inconvenient, cause you know a dog would never leave your side.

if you have a good trustworthy friend, they may be willing to foster violet until you can come back for her. I know if i was in CA i would, she is so cute!

good luck, i hope you're able to find a solution. :hug:

They don't let children fly alone unless its a straight flight ugh. And thank u ur sweet my bully family on here is amazing ;)

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hello,
What part of Cali are you located in, just wondered as I might be able to help.
Terry

I'm in Norther California manteca. Its about an hour south of Sacramento

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I don't think there are any airlines that will fly brachycephalic breeds anymore as of last November. Is there any way that you could box and ship your belongings ahead of time to someone and then have room for both dogs? It is terribly hard and expensive to go across country and I would hate for you to have to make the trip twice. Good luck!

I only have one dog my skin kids will take up all the room in the back seat heh. We have a Pontiac grand am so there no room

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Or even rent some kind of car and drive 2? That would be my choice I think if I was faced with this situation. I would watch her but I am in southern cali. :( If you wanna drive down tho, its an option I suppose. There has to be a solution if you think and want it bad enough.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Like [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], I was thinking that renting a car might be a good solution! It would be less hectic and cheaper than sending your child on an unaccompanied flight (though your 10yo might think that would be so COOL! lol). Plus with a second car, you can take more of your belongings with you which is always good when you are moving with children. Believe me, I have moved so many times that I can't even count them since I was an army brat and now a Navy wife. Plus, then you can switch off driving the un-kid car to give you a break lol.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, renting a car is a great idea and may be cheaper than flying one of the kids. I would take Violet but I'm way too far away.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Another option is we know a woman that transports dogs all over the place, she has a motor home and takes them, timing would have to be right though and renting a car may be cheaper, but just an idea.

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Ok so we are not very far from you, we live in Clovis. How long does your baby need to be fostered? Any special needs? I don't know how Bubbles will react to another Bully in the house. Bubbles will be two soon and is up to date all all her shots but is truly the center of our home.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Thanks everyone for ur input. I'm the only licensed driver Boooo so one car.and a 4x8 trailer is.how we are.doing it. [MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION] we.aren't going till about Oct 15th we would need her to be fostered for about 4months God.that seems so long
This is a hard decision. Terry maybe we.can meet up at some point see how the meeting God. IM getting violet .rabbies shot this week. She will be 4month July 29th. She's a booger butt rite now lol oh the toddler stage gotta love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.