Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Angie, I will message you my cell.

Ok thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I Need help

@Angievelvet seriously, please don't feel bad! I certainly wasn't trying to do that. I just wanted to let you know that it CAN work and offer some possible solutions. You know...if you try only driving at night, everyone can sleep, including Violet. She would be a lot less active then. Everyone can sleep except for the driver and you can stop at a hotel (there are LOTS that allow pets with little or no fee, pm me when the time comes and I can help you with that) during the day and the non-driver can take the kids to the park, etc and walk Violet a lot while the driver sleeps and everyone can nap too. At any rate, you do still have some time. A solution WILL be found even if it is finding a foster for a bit...but then you would still have to drive back to pick her up .

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh, and I wanted to add that you could try driving on your own without the other adult and he can fly. I have done 2 and 3 day trips on my own with six kids and pets. It SUCKS, but it might be a solution....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Ok, I have sent you my phone number. I do have concerns and perhaps the forum members have ideas. My Bully is a full grown female that is not fixed, she is at about 47 lbs. I am concerned how she would react to another baby in the house as she truly thinks she is the center of the world. I am not concerned about things being chewed we deal with that well. Our Couches are going to be replaced and we can wait on that, when Bubbles was a pup she chewed on them. Four months is a long time and I am concerned about how much time you will be missing with your Baby and how much we will be bonding. I am scheduled to have major surgery in either January or February depending on pre-op prep. Yes we have lots of help @ home Myself, my Hubby and a Twenty year old son. I just want to lay it all out on the table so you know our situation. I have already discussed this with my husband and we are willing to help, the concern is the length of time.

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Oh, and I wanted to add that you could try driving on your own without the other adult and he can fly. I have done 2 and 3 day trips on my own with six kids and pets. It SUCKS, but it might be a solution....
    I wish I was That brave lol I'm just someone who likes to try and make sure I have a plan. I know I have 3 months I just really don't want to worry heh. My 10yr old is so hormonal omg its unreal. So yeah this trip us going to be very interesting. She doesn't like traveling even two hours lol we are going 2,788 miles lol

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Angievelvet..I have a pop up kennel that folds totally flat..like those windshield shades you see. It held my daughters huge golden..if you decide to take her I will send it to you. She could sleep in it when not in car and won't be in your way..come to think of it..having raised 2 daughters..you might want to use it for your ten year old!! we traveled 2200 miles in a blazer..with 2 dobermans..2 kids..one 8 months old..and a screaming cocktateil! It left a lasting impression on us..but we did it!! While you explore all your options..keep at the top the one that keeps your family together..4 legged and 2!!! We will keep our thinking caps on!

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @Angievelvet..I have a pop up kennel that folds totally flat..like those windshield shades you see. It held my daughters huge golden..if you decide to take her I will send it to you. She could sleep in it when not in car and won't be in your way..come to think of it..having raised 2 daughters..you might want to use it for your ten year old!! we traveled 2200 miles in a blazer..with 2 dobermans..2 kids..one 8 months old..and a screaming cocktateil! It left a lasting impression on us..but we did it!! While you explore all your options..keep at the top the one that keeps your family together..4 legged and 2!!! We will keep our thinking caps on!
    Thanks I'm really hoping violet will be calmer by October

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think you have plenty of time to figure this out, and yes your bully will or should have some better manners while you continue to train.

I do agree with @Terry that 4 months is quite a long time, I know it would take me just a day or less to bond and want to keep the bully forever! Especially if their current girl bonds with her it will make her sad to see her go. Both you and @Terry need to put in writing whatever you choose, to protect each other.

But if it were me, the bully would be side saddle and snoring on my lap the whole way, no matter how uncomfortable it would make me, or how hot I would get, I would just have to sacrifice and deal with it. We have driven 10,000 miles in the last 10 years and bullies were with us the whole time. Once my lap even got peed on!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs ..here..here! I would've thanked you..but Big surprise! I've got none!

Ps..I. Having a very hard time cheering for soccer and posting!

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

@Terry yes I know it's long. I think my hubby has made the discussion to hold her the hole trip lol. But Like I said I am just weighing out options and ideas. U have all been helpful. And Terry you offering help is amazibg

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

You could talk to your vet about getting a mild sedative for Violet to help calm her while you are traveling. Riding on Hubby's lap sounds like a good option, after all, Bulldogs are born to be lap dogs!

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    You could talk to your vet about getting a mild sedative for Violet to help calm her while you are traveling. Riding on Hubby's lap sounds like a good option, after all, Bulldogs are born to be lap dogs!
    Never thought if that. I will ask. I hope she doesn't get car sick. Can i give her dramemine (sp?)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads