Oh crap! Now what??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am sitting here on this site eating hot buffalo wings that I brought home for dinner and reading and responding, Joe is still working. I just dropped one and guess what?...you got it..he ate it bone and all and they are hot! Of course he was sitting beside me praying this would happen.
What should I do? it was a drum part. Do you think it will pass? Wonder if his mouth is on fire? He is not drinking any water yet. I know chicken bones are not good for dogs they splinter but I don't think he even chewed. God I am mad, first at me for dropping one and second this is my Friday night and I do NOT want to go to the emergency vet!! Should I make him throw it up?? What do you think????

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He is kind of coughing like he has phlem in his throat. Hopefully he will throw it up. He did just go get a drink of water.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Since it went straight down he should be OK, he's stomach acid should take care of the bone. When I was young we had a German Sheppard that eat a chicken drum stick whole, and he had no problem. The good thing is he drank water to get the hot stuff down.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wouldn't make him throw up because that may split the bone. As what [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said, he should be ok because he swallowed it whole and his stomach should take care of the rest.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Give him a benadryl to help counteract the allergy symptoms that are sure to follow perhaps?

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
I spilt hot sauce once and my moms shih tzu licked it up she was ok. I gave her some bread cause it helps absorb the spice. Gregory ate a tack from the back of my moms recliner once when she was babysitting. I freaked out and called the emergency vet they said just feed him lots of bread and watch his poo. If it passes in 24hrs hes ok if not bring him in. It was about half an inch wide and half an inch long. He ended up being ok he pooped it no problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 111
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh god he is taking it like a man, laying beside me farting away :fart: We will see tomorrow

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
OmG...yeah, I wouldn't worry about it...might give him some very firm poo or he might not go for a bit because bone tends to firm their poop up pretty good. But I think it will be ok...might be Mr. Firebutt when he does go... (to go along with Mr. Firebritches [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION])

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I read this to hubby and he wanted to know if Vegas was drooling puddles and then proceeded to laugh!! :ROFL: He will be just fine. Just gas that you are already experiencing.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
aaaww poor you and poor vegas ...... :hahaha:

I'd say not to worry and just watch him .. he ate it whole so it's probably going to come out whole. As for the hot sauce, well he must be a bully after my own heart and just loves it spicy ... just watch out for the nuclear explosions from his butt in the next 24 hours!!! :p

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i would say vegas has telekinetic powers! i think this explains how you dropped a whole wing on the floor, how he got flowers off the table and onto the couch...:detective:

i really hope his belly destroys that bone and he passes it just fine, and i also hope his poor little butthole doesn't hurt after tomorrow's fire :poo:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
How's Vegas doing now?

Hopefully everything is okay! I imagine that he's fine since he swallowed it whole..goofy dog! :)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], it never even phased him, same routine of going out, not runny poop, no throwing up....nothing! He has been fine ever since. :whew:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], it never even phased him, same routine of going out, not runny poop, no throwing up....nothing! He has been fine ever since. :whew:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.