Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Females are average between 45 to 55 lbs. Males are 55 to 65 lbs.

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
Our vet said the same thing for phatty. He had got up to 62 lbs and after switching to fromm and cutting back feeding size he is down to a stealth 56 lbs! The vet was impressed!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Out vet thinks lex is at a good weight at 65lbs. He doesn't want him gettin any bigger than that

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Tipsy is 15 mo and 41 pounds. Everyone says she looks small. Hopefully she stays that size:)

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
I will know for sure on Monday , Lily has an appointment then, but on her last vet visit in September she was 59 pounds. But we take Lily for more walks then she went with her previous owner and I have noticed that she seems to get a bit more energetic each day! Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks that we have had her.

OP
mmaclean24

mmaclean24

Jul 14, 2011
Prince Edward Island CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
OK, Winston is 64 lbs, but is still fairly lean, and since he is only 13 months he is still growing and devleoping that "bulldog" look. Does anyone consider this big for that age? Winston is my first bulldog, so I am wondering what is typical for this agegroup. Thanks

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My boy was perfectly fit around 53 pounds. I say that as he is a couple over that now but still looking good I think. ;) He is on the smaller, more stout end of bullies tho. When I go to the bully vet I am shocked at the huge range of sizes there are.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

You also need to consider the bloodlines of the dog (American verison, European or S. African. While ALL of these are 'purebred' Engllish Bulldogs, the weight can vary. The BCA has a weight listed for males and females but it is possible to be much bigger than that. I have a male from Hungary that is 15 months old and weighs 70 lbs and is NOT fat. 5319645122_6fd3647c2b.jpg

I have a male from S. Africa who is 82-85 MOST of the time. He is now 5 years old. he put on a few lbs over the winter so he is on a DIET. IMG_2841.jpg

I have two females both from Ukraine and they both are 42-45 lbs.

So ask your vet to LOOK at your dog first before looking at the weight. Just like BMI and body fat % for humans.

Good Day~

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
It seems most bullies are around 50 lbs.

Delilah is 2 and weighs about 44 lbs. She's on the small side.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
OK, Winston is 64 lbs, but is still fairly lean, and since he is only 13 months he is still growing and devleoping that "bulldog" look. Does anyone consider this big for that age? Winston is my first bulldog, so I am wondering what is typical for this agegroup. Thanks

Lex has been around 63/64 pounds since he was 10 months, just turned 17 months. I'm hoping he will get some width to him before he stops growing at 2 yrs old

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
We took Lily to see her vet last week and she is now 53 pounds and I think she may have even lost a pound since then. She is much more active then when we first got her and she is enjoying her walks and playing with some doggy friends. She is even more playful at home. :) :bully:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.