Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I knew Miss Sassy Pants chased them but wow, she eats them too. Well, hubby wa playing with Matilda and pulling on her jowels and he found a huge dead black ant clamped on the inside of her lip by her top teeth!! Talk about a high pain tollerance!! All I gotta say is EWWWWW!! :eek:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver and Sebastian's favorite activity for their last potty break of the night is to chase and catch lightening bugs. It's hilarious to watch and hopefully I can get it on video soon. I have class so won't be home until almost 11 tonight, so won't happen till tomorrow. I haven't ever found any in their mouth though. Poor Matilda!!!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Omg you live where again? I want to avoid nasty ants like that lol. And my hubby caught violet eating a slug ewwww

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
OMG is right!! Im on my I Touch right now and at first glance I thought that was a beetle, it's huge. I can't imagine Wilson giving me a kiss and an ant falling out of his mouth, I'd go spastic cause of all creatures I HATE ants the most. But then again, Wilson eats :poo:. :ROFL:

And eating slugs, EEWWWW too :tongue:

Last edited:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Ohhh Matilda girl!!! No one told you eating bugs isn't ladylike?! Lol. I totally would have freaked too!!! My husband's pitbull catches flies ... Gross but impressive. :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion did the same thing last summer. We found the front part of the ant attached to her lip and had no clue what it was. We were thinking that it could have been a tick, but we really don't have ticks around here. We did research on the Internet and never found anything at all. A few days later she comes running into the house with a live one dangling from her front lip. So I brought the ant into work and we had it labeled as a distant field dance. That was supposed to say a field ant. Oh Ryan is a total bug chaser. She also likes little tree frogs that we find this time of year. Yesterday as I was filling up their pool, there was a bee hanging around the hose. Orion was really interested in that one and I had to Denver for attention. Stupid dictation software. It was supposed to say Divert her attention.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Orion did the same thing last summer. We found the front part of the ant attached to her lip and had no clue what it was. We were thinking that it could have been a tick, but we really don't have ticks around here. We did research on the Internet and never found anything at all. A few days later she comes running into the house with a live one dangling from her front lip. So I brought the ant into work and we had it labeled as a distant field dance. That was supposed to say a field ant. Oh Ryan is a total bug chaser. She also likes little tree frogs that we find this time of year. Yesterday as I was filling up their pool, there was a bee hanging around the hose. Orion was really interested in that one and I had to Denver for attention. Stupid dictation software. It was supposed to say Divert her attention.

:ROFL:

Well, I'm glad she is not the only one then!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
If Vegas can get one he will eat it, he has in the past ate a huge horsefly!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yummy, good protein :barf: My Beagle snapped at a bee and it stung her in the mouth then she started to vomit over and over and then went into anaphylactic shock. Luckily she is OK today but it was a close call.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
OMG is right!! Im on my I Touch right now and at first glance I thought that was a beetle, it's huge. I can't imagine Wilson giving me a kiss and an ant falling out of his mouth, I'd go spastic cause of all creatures I HATE ants the most. But then again, Wilson eats :poo:. :ROFL:

And eating slugs, EEWWWW too :tongue:

Ummmm..now [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]...which is worse an ant..or :poo: :laugh:

Duhhhhhhhh ..I just saw where our minds were in the :poo: together!!

Also..Jake has eaten 2 bees..and they left various body parts going down!

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ummmm..now [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]...which is worse an ant..or :poo: :laugh:

Duhhhhhhhh ..I just saw where our minds were in the :poo: together!!
Great minds think alike. :tease:

I'm glad we don't have many bugs around here. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 102

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Oliver and Sebastian's favorite activity for their last potty break of the night is to chase and catch lightening bugs. It's hilarious to watch and hopefully I can get it on video soon. I have class so won't be home until almost 11 tonight, so won't happen till tomorrow. I haven't ever found any in their mouth though. Poor Matilda!!!

Penny loves this too & it's so cute. I tried to video her, but it was a little to dark outside. Hope you can catch it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 100

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
Lily has been catching mosquitos and today she tried to eat a small ant but it got away and she was just too lazy to get up and follow him...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank loves hopping at the occasional mosquito eater that comes in the house and that is fine, even if he catches one here or there. But what was horrible was the other day when he came in and his face smelled horrible! I couldn't figure it out until I went outside and saw what he did. We live in an area with a lot of farm animals and horses, so we have a horrible fly problem. I have been buying fly catchers off Amazon like crazy and hanging them everywhere in our yard. Well Frank had knocked one down and was eating the dead flies and the stinky mixture of fly attractant. Ugh. I thought I was going to :barf:. Luckily it is all non-toxic....I was just waiting for him to :barf:, but he was fine! Apparently dead flies agree with his tummy...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online