asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
Hello,

When should I start giving my bullie veggies to try? I figure if I only give him good treats he won't have the chance to even know what the junk treats, and food tastes like. I had researched and found alot of good reviews on FROMM brand of dog food, so I purchased a bag of Fromm Grain Free Beef Frittata to start him on when he comes home to live. Is this a good choice? When do you recommend giving him soft food? Do i give him soft along with the kibbles, or alternate them, or what do you guys do? Suggest? I am just starting out, and want to start him out healthy and happy. :bully:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
FROMM is a good choice to start with, we also when they are that young will soak the kibble in warn water to soften it up a bit so he can eat it easier. Once they get a little older and can chew the hard kibble we stop soaking it, usually around 10 to 12 weeks old, just depends on the pup. As far as the fruit and veggies soft fruit we usually wait until about 4 months for the berries so they won't choke on them. I would not give hard veggies ie carrots until a little older so he will not choke on it. Bananas and pumpkin are good to start with. You sound like you are going to be good bully parents, so enjoy your little fella and send lots of pics.:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.