Thread: Setting a bedtime for my bullys

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Setting a bedtime for my bullys

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Some good advice from @JAKEISGREAT and @JeannieCO we crate train our bullies as well and at bed time after they go outside to do their business they come in and go strait to their crates and we give them a treat. Even during the day when we are home and they are out if they want to sleep in a quiet place they will go to their crates on their own. good luck, it just takes patients and time.
    Thanks @Davidh. We too take them both out right before bedtime and they get a treat upstairs. They may try to play a bit but I stop it immediately, night time upstairs is quite time. When they were a bit younger we would actually take them back out about 40 minutes later before we were ready to sleep. Sure helped with the night time potty training.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Both the boys sleep in the bedroom with me, lex sleeps on the bed and Bo on a pallet in the floor by my side. I have worked w them and they still try to play at nite but when we go to the bedroom that's nite nite time. We have done this since we brought lex home at 6 weeks old and to this day, 16 months old, they still try to play in the bedroom sometimes. When it's bed time we let boys out and they go straight to the bedroom and they wait for their nite time treat. They are both out within 5 mins after eating their treats lol.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Setting a bedtime for my bullys

@JeannieCO, it was cool hearing your voice on your voicemail today and yes, i will try calling you again! Thanku so, so much for telling me about your experiences with Wilson and Jack. I believe i can definitely apply a lot of what you went thru to my present situation. I'm thinking of now looking for a separate crate for Finn. It's also reassuring to know that this is a process and not to expect miracles overnight with these two guys. I'm so glad to hear that Jack is back to his old self again too!

@lexterwayne, i like the idea of a night-time treat; i think the boys will like that as part of their night-time "ritual".

@Davidh, yes, definitely patience and time are the key words here. Having puppies has definitely taught me to become a more patient person!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads