Need suggestions on stupid family member and bulldog breeding

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
Sorry I don't know how else to nicely describe my thread. Shortly after I aquired my bully I seriously had several family members come out of no where to proclaim how they had been wanting an EB (sadly, they are ALL the last people that should take on this breed, in my honest opinion). They probed me on where and how much mine cost me...the usual questions.

I was very sad when my younger sister (terrible record of not affording animals and getting and getting rid of them her whole life) bought a 3 yr old female from a neighbor who was relocating (they are in the army) and vertually you can tell she must have been used for breeding and they got her for a couple hundred dollars. I bit my tongue and expressed my worry and tried to aide her into learning more about them since she NOW had one. I even shared this link and encouraged her to join but I don't think she has ever looked.

Fast forward to yesterday....

I see her post on facebook something to the effect of "my bulldog got laid, she was mounted by a husky and it was kinda funny stuff."

I know, I know...I want to puke. Honestly, she is lucky she is thousands of miles away from me...that's for sure. :cursing:

I would like any info or ideas on how to try and guide her. I demanded she contact a vet ASAP and explained the complications that are common with this breed and money involved. It doesn't help with her ignorant friends saying "awww, can I have a pup?", "how fun, they won't be 'mutts' because they are full blooded animals...they will be 'hybrids'."

again I am ill.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm ill too...and good thing YOU got the deep end of the gene pool..because she has :poo: for brains! Too bad some of us here can't get hold of her on facebook...:cursing: I have no idea how to get through to these type of people and I'd like to give that poor dogs previous owner a good talking to.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That is so sad and poor bully. It angers me the way people miss use and abuse these wonderful animals. It's just sickening. Sometimes I wish I could just take them away from stupid people.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Unfortunately there really is nothing you can say or do. You can talk till you are blue in the face but some people ( your sister being on of them ) just do not see animals or responsibility the way most of us on here do.
There are many people that see animals as just that "Animals" who deserve nothing more than bare minimums.
Hopefully the bully is not pregnant. It really would be a shame for her to have Bully /Husky pups.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh, I wish the bully was spayed. No advice, I agree it will fall onto deaf ears. Obviously she doesnt love dogs the way every dog owner should. I am sorry you have to deal with this, must really make you sick. Hey maybe share this thread with her. haha that will show her how dumb she is with dogs anyhow. (probably not the best idea tho for family peace)

L

Lucy-licious

Poor baby, I hope she isnt pregnant but if your sister is thinking this is funny it probably wont be long until she is :(
you may as well save your breath she won't listen :hug:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What is her Facebook ID? I could say something to her. I can try to be nice. Try. I wont promise anything.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh...I just feel so sorry for that poor baby girl (the dog, not the human). I hope she is not pregnant and I hope that she gets her spayed!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
SERIOUSLY .. an english bulldog trying to give birth to their own is dangerous enough .. but to add the husky gene. For f^&k$ sake the poor thing is probably going to die trying to give birth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just makes me so mad ......:sense::nono::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat:

Maybe you can tell your sister that her "investment" is not going to last very long.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
UGH.

I hate people. I seriously do.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR ANIMALS. Breeding bulldogs is NOT going to make you a "**** ton of money" like everyone seems to think!! If you do it properly, you won't make hardly anything..a lot of good bulldog breeders only break even!!

I seriously hate how people just buy bulldogs, take crappy care of them, and breed them for the sake of selling the puppies for a crap ton of money. My cousin did it with her bulldog that had cherry eye, entropian, bad joints, bad hips, etc etc...uggggggh.

OP
Momma2Bullet

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i sent some links with important information to my sister. she knows i am upset. my mom has even given her an ear full. i do plan to contact someone so they can check into her when they get into housing down there. trust me, i will continue to ruffle feathers...this isn't right. if she was within a few hours driving time i would go do more in person. :cursing:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.