hey guys just some questions and updates.

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I havent posted on here in a while, for those of you who were keeping up with my missing baby report, well shes still missing :( after everything I've done nothing seemed to work =/ I havent given up hope yet, and still post it on craigslist and the paper, I have some new flyers I need to get out there as well. On a hopefully good note, by this time we think someone does have her, so I just hope and pray shes being taken care of, thats all I can do and just basically wait it out...

Now to talk about my Rambo...
We feed him the Orijin Red meat formula which has been wonderful with him, hardly any gas, skin super nice, coat really smooth. But lately weve realized his yeast problem. In between his toes where weve had two surgeries now due to foxtails, seem to be getting red and yeasty basically. under his chin is very red as well, and when he drinks water were right there wiping his chin and face to soak up water, and were now trying to clean his feet with peroxide to see if this will help.

basically the only solution weve been able to find is to put him on a no potato diet. which would mean changing his food :( and I believe weve only found one kibble that doesnt have potato in it.

do any of you guys have this problem? what do you do to try and fix it?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
aww Danielle..I check your thread every once in awhile hoping for something good. I am so sorry she is missing...but I agree..we hope whoever has her is loving her..and just keep on looking. I can't help with yeast..but i think potato will make it worse! Someone will come along with way more knowledge than me. Please keep posting..nice to hear from you!

OP
Danielle Cope

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
yeah I wish I could say I found her by now, but to no avail. I check everything all the time every day. hoping for that one call that they have her or seen their neighbor with her. something. but yeah his yeast problem is just not getting much better, i mean its ALOT better since weve gotten him but we cant afford a Raw diet for him, lol and we really dont want to change his food. hes doing so well on this one =/

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
thank you for the updates and sad to hear about the latest. Keep your fingers crossed, pray daily and often.
Changing the dogs foods does take time but be sure and keep track of what changes you make. Only make one change at a time and write it down to track what happens.

Good Day~

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh yes I believe there are a couple good foods with no potato in them but cannot for the life of me remember which ones. :( Sorry you didnt find your baby. That is awful. Like you said he is most likely being loved by someone who maybe even has kids who begged to keep him? Nice thought. You never know, there are those stories that much later the pups are found so keep positive thoughts.

OP
Danielle Cope

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
yeah i keep good thoughts going, and hope shes being taken care of, but I know shes probably more than likely not being fed as well and not getting her exercise that we gave her. I mean I hope she is but I highly doubt it, I mean she went on hikes, shes not the average boston terrier lol but someday shell come home, i havent given up so as long as i still have hope theres still hope to bring her home.

but yeah as for food, he would get switched over very very slowly lol but we dont want to do that, I mean are there any remedies you guys use to help lessen the yeast problem in their paws and around their jaws? we clean him daily but like I said it just doesnt seem to be working lol are there any home remedies we should try? haha

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So sorry to hear your baby girl is still missing :(

I was hoping you found her but forgot to tell us :(

For a home remedy, you can rinse with 25% vinegar (white is fine and cheap by the gallon jug) and 75% water mix. Also put a 1/2 tsp in his drinking water of apple cider vinegar. Get a spray bottle with 25% apple cider vinegar and 75% water to spray down his paws. Don't dry them off, let them air dry.

That is the only home remedy I know of. Panalog ointment works wonders for nose ropes and girly parts. I have also used it on the chin area with success but you need a script for it.

You could also do raw for just a couple weeks until you get it under control. I found one grain free kibble that ended up making Molly a mess of yeast, switched to another grain free ( both with potatoes ) and she got better. A spoon of yogurt on food can also aid in fighting yeast.

Nice to hear from you again :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.