I think violet hates.....

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
My mom. She will bite her and be mean to her all day. My Mon does have a Chihuahua which is mean as hell to poor violet.
Today my sister came over and omg violet was so excited and so sweet to her. Point proven my dog is not a mean *** my Mom says she is. Anyways I have tried to get my Moms dog to be nice it doesn't work she charges violet and bites her face like 100x's in a second lol any advice? I'm at a loss this is causing huge fights between my mom and I. I can't always put violet out it in her kennel heh. Well thanks for reading ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Hmmm ... it is odd to me how little dogs tend to be more aggressive than bigger ones to our rather "dominant" boy, and chihuahuas are noted to be among the top ten aggressive dogs. I am not sure exactly sure why this is, although the small dog may be scared underneath or gets some false bravado from his or her protective human.

In your shoes I would take them both out for a walk on lead and be very firm every time there is aggression on either side. As far as your mom is concerned, she has basically to want to like your dog, or at least make the effort. It is easy enough to get on with virtually any dog, in my view. You just take the time to try and be with the dog, do nice things with it (giving treats, stroking the dog where it likes - our boy likes a stroke on his chest or under his chin or a bootie rub). If your mom did that (in the absence of her chihuahua eg you could walk the chi for an hour) perhaps eg sitting down on the floor with your dog, hopefully things should start to come right.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Hmmm ... it is odd to me how little dogs tend to be more aggressive than bigger ones to our rather "dominant" boy, and chihuahuas are noted to be among the top ten aggressive dogs. I am not sure exactly sure why this is, although the small dog may be scared underneath or gets some false bravado from his or her protective human.

In your shoes I would take them both out for a walk on lead and be very firm every time there is aggression on either side. As far as your mom is concerned, she has basically to want to like your dog, or at least make the effort. It is easy enough to get on with virtually any dog, in my view. You just take the time to try and be with the dog, do nice things with it (giving treats, stroking the dog where it likes - our boy likes a stroke on his chest or under his chin or a bootie rub). If your mom did that (in the absence of her chihuahua eg you could walk the chi for an hour) perhaps eg sitting down on the floor with your dog, hopefully things should start to come right.

Thanks for ur input. Violet wants daizy to like her so bad. Its really sad. My mom codles her dog sometimes it's just ridiculous I yell her why are u petting her and hugging her after she just attacked my dog. My Mon says well daizy doesn't want to be mean lol wth. My moms dog is gone for the week so next week I will walk them together. My Moms dog is very humanized and violet is loved and hugged but we still treat her like a dog. I don't know if they ever will get along or should I say I don't think daizy will ever be nice.
I totally agree my mom has got to want this to happen. She use to bite her then it stopped and well now its back to her going behind my moms legs when she. sots in the couch and bites her. Well ill keep ya posted on the progress

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I have no real advice but I could see your mom being "schooled" by Caesar Milan big time. I think she is probably creating the problem by not taking charge of her pup. By her body language she is telling her pup to not like yours I would think? Sorry you are dealing with this, you will be much happier when you have your own place eventually. Doesnt help now tho.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Well I have no real advice but I could see your mom being "schooled" by Caesar Milan big time. I think she is probably creating the problem by not taking charge of her pup. By her body language she is telling her pup to not like yours I would think? Sorry you are dealing with this, you will be much happier when you have your own place eventually. Doesnt help now tho.
Lol totally agree. Alothough this is my. place lol so I hope she finds a. place soon. We might be moving to. north Carolina in the next couple. months. Thanks for responding. Gosh I'd love ceasar to come to my. house ;)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I dont have any advice really either just wanted to say I feel ya and hope things get better soon. My mother in law has a dog and her and my sarah had a huge fight one day on top of her car and she got them apart by the grace of god and I cannot let them together either. If i take sarah over there we have to put her dog up. I think sarah is over it but her dog is not. To this day they cannot be together but your situation is better and you should be able to get them to get along eventually. Sorry I could not help but just wanted to let ya know im rooting for your dog lol.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Everytime your mom loves on her dog after it attacks yours, she is just reenforcing to her dog that behavior is OK. This is not fair to your dog. the walks may do some good but as soon as your mom comes back and does the same things her dog will go back to being mean. I would just keep them separated if you can't get your mom to discipline her dog. So sorry for Violet, hope it gets better.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] thanks it really sucks. But looks like we are moving to north Carolina in October so just a couple more months
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] yeah I know I tell her but she just says I don't know everything blahblah I'm going to try the walk thing Monday ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.