Tempted to give Meilyr beef rib bone?

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
I know bones should be given with care, especially for our special bullies. I figure this bone is big enough and he would be ok but I don't want to chance it. Let me know what you all think. Also, my friend said our local feed store has cow tracheas that provide glucosamine. Wonder if that is naturally included or is it added to it.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I know bones should be given with care, especially for our special bullies. I figure this bone is big enough and he would be ok but I don't want to chance it. Let me know what you all think. Also, my friend said our local feed store has cow tracheas that provide glucosamine. Wonder if that is naturally included or is it added to it.

I got violet a cow femer and she loves it. I do watch her tho.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The tracheas are ok. I actually ordered some from my raw supplier, although this will be the first time that Stig will have any. I'm picking them up tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens. They're a great source of (natural!) glucoseamine because of the bone cartilage. Raw chicken feet is another great source if you don't find them icky. lol. The beef rib bone should be ok too, but don't take my word on it just yet. I avoid giving Stig too much beef because of the enhancement issues they sometimes have. If I do give him beef, they're usually boneless and I add a boney part such as a chicken back or turkey neck. I also avoid beef bones because I know there are some parts that are a big no-no, such as the legs and any weight bearing bone.

PM me if you like so I can give you a site where there's a lot of info on what you can give and what not to. Remember to NOT GIVE ANY COOKED BONE. :)

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
The tracheas are ok. I actually ordered some from my raw supplier, although this will be the first time that Stig will have any. I'm picking them up tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens. They're a great source of (natural!) glucoseamine because of the bone cartilage. Raw chicken feet is another great source if you don't find them icky. lol. The beef rib bone should be ok too, but don't take my word on it just yet. I avoid giving Stig too much beef because of the enhancement issues they sometimes have. If I do give him beef, they're usually boneless and I add a boney part such as a chicken back or turkey neck. I also avoid beef bones because I know there are some parts that are a big no-no, such as the legs and any weight bearing bone.

PM me if you like so I can give you a site where there's a lot of info on what you can give and what not to. Remember to NOT GIVE ANY COOKED BONE. :)

Oh great I didn't know this heh well I sure hope the feed Store hurrys with those deer antlers!

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.