Any one else had this, Anyone???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have noticed over the last two days our yard is full of Mushrooms!! It has rained the last week on and off here. I ALWAYS pick up Vegas's poop with a bag, but I am also THE ONLY ONE with mushrooms growing in my back yard!!

I walked 3 houses down both sides and not a single mushroom while I have about 25 in my backyard. Is Vegas's poop making them grow, even though I pick up the poop?? This is just so weird to me.

shrooms006.jpg

shrooms008.jpg

Of course Vegas could care less, NOT that I would allow him, but he just walks by them and finds a new spot to poop in. I just step on them hoping to kill them.

BrindleVegas004.jpg

L

Lucy-licious

wont stepping on them spread the spores causing more to grow?
i suppose the poop might be a possitive for the mushrooms they flourish in manure :lol:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] hell I don't know if stepping on them will make them spread?? I have never had a backyard full of mushrooms!! :lol: I know they grow in manure that is why I was wondering if it was Vegas's poop spots, yet I pick up the poop everytime he poops???? (I can be fined with our HOA's $250.00 if I dont pick up his poop) It has to be his poop spots since I am the only one on this whole block with a dog!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The house I'm in now we have not had any and been here 2 years, but my old house we would get them on occasion. Usually when we had alot of rain that year. Then we would go years without them. who knows????

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I get them every year. Funny part is it is in my front yard where I get them Matilda and when Winston was here go in the back yard. They grown in a pattern too. We call it a fairy ring which is a half circle.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I get them, too. I picked them all one day last week because I didn't want Penny to eat them. :blush2:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We got them when we had grass in the backyard. Before we had Gracie. We haven't seen them this year after removing most of the grass. Moisture does play a huge role. I believe most mushrooms also prefer more shade. I don't think its because of any slight remnants of poo on grass blades though. Is it shadier in your yard compared to the neighbors?

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Vegas' face looks so funny in that picture. He's all like, "Yeah..so?" ha!

As far as the mushrooms go..fungi are just..weird, lol. They grow in all kinds of weird patterns and like particular things. Your yard might have some element in it that is more favorable to their growth than your neighbor's yard.

You aren't ever supposed to use dog poop in manure or fertilizer..or any omnivore or carnivore for that matter. It makes horrible fertilizer. Fertilizer needs to come from a herbivore and then be aged right so that it works properly.

Honestly, I think that his poop would have a negative effect on mushroom growth..considering dog poop is more toxic and less nutrient rich than normal manure. :detective:I tell you..those fungi are tricky!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] yes, my yard is more shady than the neighbors! I have the dreaded grapefruit tree that tears Mr Vegas up when it blooms!! The tree is probably about 9 foot tall and has hundreds of grapefruit, all my neighbors come to pick them because I hate them!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I get them too and my yard is not shady where they grow. Have heard they grow from rotted roots but I have none under these ones. Have also heard they grow from being over watered but that isnt the case I have them when I dont water much even. Hmm.....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.