Any good water bowls out there that lessen the mess?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
My kitchen floor looks like a little pond these days after Tate and Finn get done with drinking from their water bowl. Seems like more water gets on the floor than into their mouths! I'm looking for a bowl that may discourage or decrease such messes. Does anything like that exist? I've seen those fountain style bowls but they're a bit pricey.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well if you did one lemme know.. I really dout that there is.. I have told jeff that I wanna get one of those water bottles that rabbits use lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well if you find one let me know too, that no spill bowl I don't think Buddy could get his mug in there. haha i thought about a big mat but that would get messy too, so I guess back to wiping the floor.:)

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I got the neater feeder for Winston, part of his face is paralyzed and he has trouble keeping things in his mouth.. What a mess I had with water before I bought this.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310168358.412368.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310168358.412368.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 999

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
My Bulldog dishes help, don't take care of it 100% but it helps IMG_1081.jpgIMG_1082.jpgIMG_1079.jpg
If you want to purchase one call Sam at 717-768-7047

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well those bowls look good but ours make the mess when they are away from the bowl not up close to it. Lol

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I honestly don't know how well that no spill bowl would work for a bulldog. They have such big mouths..I don't think they could get in there properly to actually get a drink!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It is not just drinking from the bowl for Vegas, it is the waterfall coming out of his mouth when he is done and walking away! I keep shammies in the kitchen for a quick wipe up of mouth, chin and floor. I have all tile so my kitchen floor is very slippery as well as a small pond when he is finished.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It is not just drinking from the bowl for Vegas, it is the waterfall coming out of his mouth when he is done and walking away! I keep shammies in the kitchen for a quick wipe up of mouth, chin and floor. I have all tile so my kitchen floor is very slippery as well as a small pond when he is finished.

Yeah, i have all these towels on the floor right now. Finn's a little more "dainty" than Tate when he drinks. Still, they're both sweet:yes: slobs!:yes:

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
With the neater feeder the bowls set back some, and in the pic you can see little holes,the water then runs to a tray in the bottom.You wouldn't believe the large amount it catches. Which I had the walking away problem,too. This eliminated a lot of it. You can read a lot of reviews on qvc.com. I purchased mine on the web at drugstore.com. It was the cheapest because I found a coupon code to use. Or you can check out neaterfeeder.com

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
That neater feeder wouldn't work for Bruno. Like most others stated he does pretty good while at the bowl. It's when he comes up for air and looks away, and then goes back down for more. He also trails water all over after he walks away.
I don't leave water out for him. I feed him water several times a day and am always there ready with a towel to wipe his face and floor. :/

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
Everyone has what works for them, i am just suggesting an option of a good water bowl. one of the reviews stated IT WAS MADE FOR BULLIES! It has a 5 star reviews and everyone stated they had water all over the floor, before they purchased this. can't really say if you haven't tried it....buts that's my opinion. As i said i had water other than just dripping down in the bowl, i put a rug under the feeder. My husband was skeptical but stated it was the best 50 bucks I spent. We have brand new hardwood floors, and didn't want them ruined.

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH needs a bucket tied under her chin to catch the drips... LOL

eklikewhoa

Jul 22, 2011
Houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Heo
I use the wick/rubber base "Welcome" door mats under Heo and Ugly's water bowl and usually it's when they sit up and back away from the bowl is when the mess occurs and the mat catches it all.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online