Recommended Breeders?

Marc10edora

Jul 8, 2011
I am looking to buy a EB this year and am trying to find some trusted breeders. I live in San Jose, CA area. I would like to find a breeder that is local or order from a trusted online breeder.

If anyone can recommend a breeder that they have purchased from or personally know someone that has purchased, please let me know. Also let me know how your bully is doing now (i.e. any health problems, temperament problems, etc.) This will be a big help because I really can't tell if these online sites are trust worthy. It is hard to find any good reviews/recommendations. Thanks!

ps. I tried to see if this site has a sponsored/recommended breeders page, but I couldn't find one. Please forgive me if it does and I missed it.

From what I understand, this forum can't publicly endorse specific breeders. (Sorry, I'm new and still learning the rules) Please send me a PM if you are going to respond. Thanks.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes there are too many "bad" breeders out there so the site does not back any to be fair. It is hard to know who is good or bad sometimes. I recommend you NOT have a bully shipped or order online. There are enough good breeders out there you shouldnt need to. I got my boy thru a breeder off the bulldog club of America list. I would start there and talk to a few people. Even if you dont see a local breeder someone can recommend others. It is a tight community. Or maybe adopt? Have you thought of that? If you want to spend a good amount on the purchase then you should be ok but do not bargain shop. You will pay in the vet bills later. Good luck with your search. Please let us know what you find and how it all progresses. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Have you read the puppy buying tips article? This is a good start to try to weed out some of the bad breeders and of course, the scams. I like Cali~jenn would recommend looking through the BCA and perhaps find a local bulldog club or meetup in your area. There are so many bad breeders out there it is great that you are doing your homework first!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'd be really careful about buying online. There's so many online scams going on with bulldogs.

Shipping a bulldog in the summer can be quite dangerous, too.

OP
M

Marc10edora

Jul 8, 2011
Thanks for the tips about looking through the local clubs. I didn't think about that. So far I just looked at the list of breeders on the AKC website. But I am not specifically looking for an AKC bulldog. Just want one that will be healthy and a good family dog that wont give me any hardships in the future.

I live in San Jose, CA. But will be moving to San Francisco. It is perfect bulldog weather out there. Not too hot/not too cold. I see Bulldogs walking the streets all the time and it is a very dog friendly city. Next time I see one I will ask the owner where they got it. This one lady even puts sneakers on her bulldog to protect his feet from the hot pavement!

If I decide on buying online, I will most likely purchase in the fall when the weather cools down and I have moved to the city. The awesome thing is that I am the owner of my company and once my bully is potty trained, I will take him everywhere, including work. The resturaunts allow you to tie your dog up in the front and give you a water bowl for them to drink out of. Just have to teach him not to run off with strangers.

OP
M

Marc10edora

Jul 8, 2011
Also, wanted to know what is the average price for a regular bully? Just want to try to gauge if I'm being ripped off or if I should be suspicious. Thanks!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
The resturaunts allow you to tie your dog up in the front and give you a water bowl for them to drink out of. Just have to teach him not to run off with strangers.

Be warned, bullies are stolen over and over out of yards/houses etc so this I would not recommend. Just throwing it out there for you. I have seen too many that have been taken and it is so sad. Some even being stolen from the vets office. Crazy. Average price for a good bully I would say is no less than 2000. I know there are many for less but for me personally I would prefer to pay no less than 2000 and that of course is no guarantee of anything. Now they go all the way up to 3500+ but that is for champion pups who should be shown really. My boy was 2500 and I havent had any real problems with him at all. Would highly recommend his breeder but she is in southern california (inland empire area)

OP
M

Marc10edora

Jul 8, 2011
Yeah, i don't think i will feel comfortable leaving my dog unatended unless i am at a resturaunt where ican sit outside. I see notices for stolen bulldogs on craigslist all the time.

Last night i sent a bunch of emails to some local breeders in my area that were reffered from the BCA website. If they don't have what i want, i will start looking further out of my area. Thanks for the help guys!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.