Bully "roll call"...

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hi all, we had a girl EB named Duchess when I was a kid, she was the greatest dog ever! No health problems that I remember, so when I decided to get Nigel then Talulah, I wasn't aware of all of the problems the breed had developed since the mid 60's. Thank Goodness for this forum as it has educated me immensely,now my babies are healthier and happier! =))

Nigel will be four May 10, Talulah will be two May 9. They are uncle and niece. :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse is 22 weeks, he was born on November 9th my husband bought him for me for Christmas. he is the first Bully I have ever had, I have wanted one since we had our pug dogs when we lost our last pug in 2007 age 11, I was not game to get another pet as it hurt's so much when they pass on as it is just like a child as you all know. last year I started looking at breeders for British Bulldogs and thought they were all so adorable but when I saw Ftse I told my husband this is my dog I want that one so we brought Ftse home at the age 9 weeks on the 2 January this year and he just fits in with the two of us and has certainly filled the whole that has been there since we lost our pugs Now I can not believe why I waited so long but it was truly worth it to get Ftse.
br 144.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sarah is 5 years old now.
well i was conned into getting sarah by my bf. apparently his friends wifes sister had a bully she wanted to get rid of. he had been asking about the dog unbeknownst to me for a while. well then i guess he gets the go ahead to get the dog and then tells me oh well she dont want it and is giving it away and we will take it and find it a home. hmm we have 2 dogs already. im like um no. then hes like oh hon we will breed it and get lots of money for the pups. hmm i dunno dear. well he talks me into it with the understanding he will find a home for her. well we drive to nj to get her and omg she was in awful shape ive seen worse but it was bad. well on the ride home with her on my lap we bonded and a name was picked out and there never was any talk of her not being with us. i also found out later he intended to keep her all along as he had always wanted one. the sneak. i would not have it any other way she is my best friend.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
This thread reminds me of so many members that have been MIA. :*( I will update mine also since it has been 2 years since this was started. lol. WOW! I think we should somehow have a flashback section for all the old posts back when everything was still new here. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION].

Ok, my name is Jennifer and I live in California which I think is obvious by my name. haha I have my first bully, Cutty who is 6. He was mine and my hubbys first pup together so really my first pup to take care of personally. I surely :heart: him! He stays very close to me most the time which is nice. Then we got Mugsy soon after and he is 5 1/2 now. He is a pug and just so dang loveable. If you take a seat, he is on your lap. Period. If you have a blanket forget it, He will beat you to your lap just about. lol He prefers me but if daddy has a blanket he will usually take the blanket over me. haha And now my little Miila..... She is 1 1/2 and a TOTAL love! She gives the best hugs and kisses and often. She is the craziest by far also and has been THE biggest challenge of them all I think. Or maybe my memory is just fading. haha Now we have the pack of 3 and I just LOVE it!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Chanel is a 5 year old Pitbull and Brutus 10 month old English Bulldog...They are the love of my life and couldnt imagine anything different! I had researched for about 1 year before making the decison. It was a tough decison as I wanted to make sure we were ready!...Well on 8/16/11 our lives changed when Brutus Dennis the Mennis Lopes came to rule! Chanel was always happy but having Brutus as her brother makes her a happy I have never seen! We went a couple times before birnging him home and we decided to bring Chanel to pick him up as I wanted them to meet on nuetural ground and IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! She is sooooooo good with him cant say the same with him! He bites her and chases her into her cage, he jumps on her while she is sleeping they are complete oppostie...she is the bulldog who wants to be lazy and he is the pitbull who has tons of energy and doesnt stop...He doesnt get called Dennis the Mennis for no reason! LOL

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
As most of you know, my name is bev and Abby owns my heart. But when I met her, her name was Lily.

One night, 2 years ago, my son Jeremy and his then girlfriend (now fiance) Sally went to the mall to return some things that Sally had gotten at Victoria's Secret. They came home with a Cosmo.
100_0010.jpg

Jeremy and Moe stayed with us for about 6 months when the time came for Jeremy and Sally to get their own place. We still had our Roxy but the house seemed so empty without the big, clumsy tornado we had all come to love but eventually we adjusted. Most of us anyway. My youngest son, Giuseppe, never got over it.

For the next year and a half all Giuseppe talked about was Moe. "Remember how Moe used to eat your shoes?", "Remember when Moe ate your Bible?", At least a couple of times a week Jr would mention Cosmo. Sure we would go visit, but it wasn't the same and Jr always looked so sad when we had to leave.

I had been looking at rescues since before Christmas. My goal was to get him a young-ish bully in time for the holidays but all I could find on the rescue sites were older, senior dogs or ones that were recommended to be the only dog in the house. As much as I would LOVE to give a senior a new home (and some day will), I knew that the average lifespan of an English Bulldog is only 10 years. Giving him an 8 or 9 year old beauty wouldn't give him much time and I couldn't do that to him. (I know, irony right?) Not to mention that an older, more mature dog would be a little more difficult to introduce to Roxy (our 14 year old Shepard mix).

One night, after doing my daily petfinder.com search I loaded up Facebook. An old friend from high school had posted that she had a friend who was selling her English Bulldog pup. It was after midnight but I sent her a text anyway. She responded and I called her. She told me that her friend had gotten the dog for her daughter as a Christmas gift but it turned out that the child was allergic to the dog. She sent me a picture and I immediately fell in love.

"Lily" has the sweetest little head that I had ever seen! That was it. She had to be ours. It was the perfect solution for all. This woman would know that her puppy was being loved in a good home and my son would get the dog he had been dreaming of ever since Cosmo moved out. And just in time for his birthday!!

After a couple of days of arranging payments, getting my house ready for a puppy and lurking EBN ;) the time to came to bring her home. "Lily" walked into my house, pooped on my carpet and I was in love :) My son will tell you that Abby is HIS dog, that she was HIS birthday present. But we all know she's mine

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I love reading all these stories! Okay so here is how we got Gio. I currently still live with my parents and commute to college. I have always wanted an English Bulldog, and my mother has too! So last Christmas we started looking online to adopt, we found one named Nero from NC and when we called they said that they already had someone adopting. The day before we called for Nero I found 1 year old Gio online, his owners were using Ebay classifieds to find him a new home. So when Nero fell threw we called the owners of Gio, they already had 5 people call about him in one day! Well turns out they liked us! So a week later on New years day we drove from Boston to Albany NY (3hr drive) to pick up Giovanni! He was so friendly and he jumped right in our car like he has known us forever! He settled in right away! Then one month later we saw our 4 year old frenchie Diva online, she was from breeders who didn't want her anymore because she could only have one litter, they shipped her from TN to Boston, we got her and she was very skinny! It took them a couple of weeks, but they are best friends now! We love them both and couldn't imagine life without them! :luv:

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] - isn't this fun? I love hearing these too.

After I lost my first EB and "dream dog", Mabeline Fabulash ("Mable"), I was lost in grief. It was when I started saying "Oh how cute!" instead of sobbing when I saw a pic of an EB...that's when I knew I was finally healing. I went thru an excruciating vetting of breeders. Got tons of references. Talked to them and many folks who know them and, best of all, got good vibes. Then, it was the wait. I paid my deposit and waited. And waited. And waited. It was almost as tho I had the dang baby. It really felt like that. (It did with Mable too) Preparing the nursury....selecting foods...toys...blankets.....Oh yeah. (I even have a baby book for Bea.) Beatrice came FINALLY after I waited thru THREE LITTERS for a piebald female. By the third batch, I was omg Laura, "JUST GIMME ONE ALREADY!" ha ha ha and me, my mom and my best friend Barbara (from Walnut Creek, CA) drove the 9 hours to pick her up. Oh was it a fun trip!

When Bea was six months old, I decided - per my master plan yanno - that Bea would have a sibling of some kind. A piebald female, right? Well, I'd given up on that. But I did want a girl and I did want a rescue. I submitted all my paperwork to CBRR and did some more waiting. I knew that the perfect little girl would come along and need me and Bea. And one wintery afternoon, I got the email; "I know you were waiting for an adult female.....would you take a male puppy?" Would I? WOULD I? It's like my mind completely forgot the chewed tables and the ruined carpet....AND the brand new carpet I just put in......, "When can I come get him?" was pretty much my answer. Bea and Bo are a year apart in age and the most fun I've ever had ever, ever, ever.

I'm trying to upload a pic...but it's not letting me.....maybe later.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Well, my husband and I have been wanting an EB for years and every once in awhile would research online but worried about the medical costs. Then, last summer we had to put our family dog down, a St Bernard who was a victim of puppymill breeding. We were all heartbroken. So I started researching and researching about EB. I am so thankful I logged onto this site and was given excellent advice for I made the plunge, but I was adament I would only buy from a reputable breeder that loved their dogs like a family member. I was looking at a breeder's website and saw ARnold. It was love at first site. I started sending texts and emails of Arnold to my husband, who kept saying, "no!" Then I met up with the breeder and really had to have him so I made DEan go with me and BAM! He was mine and I (and the family) are now complete. Arnold makes us laugh and love daily with his antics. I am no longer the weirdo in the family, lol!!
I am working on adding an addition to our family and wanting that BAM! feeling again, when I see the picture. I thought I was there this last month but the breeder kept the cutie I wanted and had the feeling for so I backed out (down a $500 deposit but felt strongly about this. Damn that is a lot of overtime)!! However, I may have good news in the next few weeks and will update everyone once I know. She already has a name Miss Bertha BAcon!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online