Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here is 'Bulldog' and my bullies:

Molly, the queen. She is light fawn with "cleopatra" eyes. She is the mother of Yuna and Tidus, our two youngest pups, who are now almost 5 months old (Wow time flies!!!). Next oldest is Mandy, she is all white, and we like to call her wiggles. Jesse is about 8 months old now, and she is light fawn like Molly, and such a happy girl.

When my hubby (bulldog- bullpapa- Chip- you know!) wanted an English Bulldog 16 years ago, I refused. They were too expensive ($900 only back then!!!) and we did not have any money. Plus I liked little fluffy dogs.

Well, he called the breeder, her name was Neva Gulliford, and charming as he is, somehow he was able to get a payment plan of $75 a month. I still wonder how he did that! So we jumped on the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle to meet Neva. Once I saw "baby" (her kennel name was Jesse, who we named Jesse after), I was instantly in love. She was our first child together, and spoiled rotten.

Now you cannot allow me to see EB puppies. I will not leave without one. I am a sucker. Can you not tell this by the fact that we kept both of the puppies Molly had? LOL

I think I am maxed out at 5 of them! I love how they are all so different personality wise and I just love to watch them. They are my beauties.

Tidus is becoming a bit of "eye candy". I can hardly stop looking at him. Kinda like a Brad Pitt of bulldogs. I worry tho, he is soooooo wrinkly, he may take a bit more effort to keep up on. I really must post some updated pictures!!! He is sooo much cuter then the camera shows, wow he is so adorable!!!! We are very proud of Molly and ourselves for creating such beautiful pups in Yuna and Tidus. :)

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
My boyfriend && I have three beautiful children! Chev Chelios our first EB who is a little over a 1 yr old, Sophia the kitty who just turned a year old, && our new EB addition Faith who just turned 3months! :)
Like a lot of stories here my boyfriend was in LOVE with Ebs, they were his 'Dream Dog'. I on the other hand was not very fond of them. I had never seen or interacted with one so they were not at the top of my want list. But Angel (my boyfriend) was convince on getting one. He found a breeder in TX before we moved out to Arizona && some how convinced me to lets just go "look at the pups". Well the rest is history.. We got our first addition to our little family Mr. Chev Chelios who stood our from the litter with these HUGE, big paws that didn't fit his little body! I'm in LOVE with bulldogs now! They are nothing how I imagined! Such loving cute things! Chelios is such a mama's boy, he's our pride && joy! :D!!
A year later we started feeling bad for Chelios alone at home when we were off at work, he needed a companion. Plus I wanted a another female in the house ( I was over ruled by boys :p) So we got Sophie our cat! Things just didn't feel quit complete yet. So yet again my boyfriend somehow convinced me to just got "look" at a breeder here in AZ that just had puppies even tho we didn't have the money for another one. && well the minute we laid eyes on Faith it was over. We just HAD to have her! She's our little monster!! She's so completely different then Chelios! But we love them both with unconditional love! They're our Children! A family of five && I love every moment of it! Even when I come home && they've manage to tear up && destroy the lamp! ;) Lol!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
My lab passed away in November. He was 13 1/2 and it was a terrible week of him being in the hospital, being told he's ok then just took a turn for the worst. I told my husband never again no more dogs. We have a 12 1/2 year old beagle as well so he was going to be our last dog.

My son had been bugging us for another dog. He seen the Iams commercial, came home with bulldog books, was researching them (he's 7) and showing me and his dad youtube videos. I never wanted a bulldog. My husband had wanted a bull terrier, boston terrier, bulldog, or frenchie. He asked me if I would do research on the breeds because our son was not going to stop. I started looking into it and saw the English or French bulldog would best fit the family dynamic. I couldnt' find any breeders or litters available for the English so I made an appointment to see a new litter of Frenchies and that breeder happened to breed English too so she had grown ones that we could see. But she gave me the name of another breeder that had 2 puppies left. We met with her first, fell in love and now we have our little Bear, we got him at 9 weeks old in April and I want more more more!!! I too never had interactions and they were not on my list. Just goes to show you how ignorance can be and wow the stuff I would have missed out on. He makes us so happy and I do nothing but look at bulldogs most of the day, read and post on here, constantly talking about him to everyone its getting to be an obsession. My hubby is like "stop being on the computer looking at other bullies, you got one here" hahahaha i'm just looking for the next one :)

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have to say, Lisa, what a great topic to start. I love all the stories. Keep them coming!

reginaagnew

Jun 28, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
mimzy and gwendolyn
I had always wanted an english bulldog since i was a little girl and saw one on the westminister dog show. Never in a million years thought i would have one. They were my dream dog. After i talked my husband into going to a local dog show and he saw the english bulldog up close and rubbed his first bulldog belly he was as in love as i was. We came home and started looking for our puppy. We found a breeder in north carolina and she had two females but i had to wait until a lady chose between the two females. I was wanting the female with the all white head the sister to her had a patch on her eye. I waited and hoped the lady chose the one with the eye patch and luckily she did. I got the baby i wanted from the beginning. It was destiny for my mimzy to be mine. Mimzy is going to be three in october and we now have a 6 month old girl we named gwendolyn. Mimzy is fawn and white and gwendolyn is solid white with a fawn ear. I wouldn't take anything for them. They are truely the best breed i have ever owned or should i say that has owned me.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I too am one of those that grew up with a bulldog. My dad had wanted one forever. My mom would take any 50 cents coin she got with change and keep it in a bucket in the closet. When she got enough to purchase a bulldog, she went to the bank and traded them in. It took her 20 years, but in 1975, my dad got his AKC male bulldog, Richard. Believe it or not, he was only $250.
I too became a sucker for that squishy face. I have two myself.
Abby, my 9 yo, was to me considered a puppy mill "rescue" she was being sold on a country road in a trailer with floor to ceiling cages and numerous breeds. I knew that for her price she would become a yard dog and ignored. I knew bullies can have a lot of health issues and I knew I could afford to address them. Lo and behold, she only has allergies and those have been identified. Piece of cake right?
Then we got Bella. She was purchased from a "reputable" breeder in town. I heard nothing but great things about him. I was so excited to get my AKC "healthy" pup. Well the first month was great and then down hill. She would not gain weight, ate all day and pooped just as much. She had numerous vets visits and didn't get the mystery diagnosis until 5 months. By this time she was still only 8lbs and just skin and bones. Now that she is treated for her congenital conditions, she is 10 months, 33lbs. She is tiny and stunted due to the problems we have. We call her our little lemon. But we wouldn't have it any other way. I have now become a huge advocate for her disease, contacting numerous rescues, shelters etc to get the word out since it still goes un-diagnosed and many die from starvation. If you are interested in the information, there is a non-profit website....Epi4dogs.com The more people who know the more chance another can be saved. It is a genetic condition and will show up at any time in a dogs life. Bella's litter mates are at high risk and are out there somewhere.
Bottom line is we spent a lot for this AKC pup and spent even more for Vet bills the first 3 months, but I wouldn't have it any other way, she is our special "child"

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I have never had a Bulldog til two weeks ago. I have a friend in Calif. who has bred them for 20+ years and I've liked them since becoming friends with her and her house full of Bullies. We have a St. Bernard who will be three in Oct., on my birthday, no less! But my husband who loves to ignore all the rules and advise, and just spoil a dog ROTTEN has entirely made MY Arrow HIS dog.:mad: So a few weeks ago my daughter and her family, who live around the block from us, decided they needed to add a puppy to their little family. She wanted a French Bulldog, her husband wanted an English Mastiff, so they compromised and got an English Bulldog. Millie is just adorable and the more time I spent with her, the more I wanted one of my own! So I went to see a litter of 4 gorgeous girls. They were born May 24th, which is my youngest granddaughter's birthday too. I thought it would be such fun to see them grow up together! I those Gertie because she was the only brindle and white of the litter and I really love her white head and face and her adorable little brindle "eyebrow". I'll be telling my daughter about this site, so she and Millie will probably be joining soon. We have lots to learn, to say the least.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Welcome Gertie and Julie!!! You'll find alot of great advice and fun on these boards.

Everyone's stories are so heartwarming and wonderful, just like the bullies :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So many new members, it is time to :bump: this very old thread!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I never formally introduced myself when I joined:nonono:. So here it is...

Watson is 10 months old now. I always wanted a bulldog since I was a kid watching the Tom and Jerry cartoons but they were too expensive. We had miniature dachshunds growing up and they were fun but too small and yappy. I like the bulldog because it looks tough but has a very sweet temperament. I was looking for one about 6 months ago and did my research mostly by lurking on EBN. Since I work as a physician, I knew it would be difficult to potty train a small puppy so I was looking for an older puppy. I came across Watson's breeder's website and he was the only puppy available from his litter and he was 6 months old and already potty trained and had been socialized well. The breeder wanted to keep him for a close friend of hers but something happen and she couldn't take him so she put him up for adoption. When I saw his pictures I knew he was my dog. I called her and she said that someone was already coming to pick him up in a couple of days :shout:. She said she had a much younger puppy that was available but I told her to call me back if they didn't come or what not. I got a call a couple days later and she said I was lucky because the people that was suppose to pick him up found out they couldn't have a dog in their apartment. She said there were 3 other people waiting to adopt him but she called me first because she thought I would provide him with the best home. He traveled by truck from Springfield, MO to Charlotte, NC and I drove 3 hours to Charlotte to pick him up. The 3 hour ride back was interesting because he was nervous and kept moving about the car. We had to stop and few times. But he settled in pretty quickly when we got home and the rest is history. My home is his kingdom now.:lmao:

Vinh and Watson

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe is almost 1 1/2... wow, time flies.

My wife kept bugging me about getting another dog to keep our Shih Tzu company, but I was initially against the idea. She said I could pick the breed, and I finally gave in... so I thought about what would be the coolest breed to get, and the Bulldog came to mind. I had no idea what I was getting into with the price and difficulty finding a breeder in Hawaii. I'm a stubborn person though, and finally found our Moe in Australia. It was a tough year long journey, which involved getting scammed, but the support I had with my new friends here was the encouragement and light I needed to see this through.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I did do the introduction when I first joined, but since then we've added beautiful Remy, so here's a recap. I have Oliver and Sebastian who are littermates and are almost 16 months old and Remy who is almost 6 months!!! Sebastian and Remy both have pulmonic stenosis but they are wonderful and full of energy. Oliver just has your average environmental allergies which are easy to control. I've always wanted a bulldog since I was a little girl and now I can't believe that in just one short year I have three!!! I love my boys

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I have Bre who is 7 years old and Tank who is 2 years old. :)

I had always wanted to have a bulldog and had bought Jack (my first english bully) from a woman who said her daughter was allergic to him, so they decided to keep him in the kitchen. He was a total mess when we got him, only had a few teeth, severe allergies, arthritis and too skinny (his spine and ribs were protruding badly). I loved the heck out of that dog. We only had him for a couple years before his bad health was making him suffer. After we put him down I knew we needed another bulldog in our lives. I adopted Tank from someone who said he didn't get along with her other dogs...and Bre from a woman who just didn't want her anymore....can you imagine?! I have a weakness for senior bullies so she has become queen of the house :)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I can't remember if I did an intro or not when I joined. I hadn't ever thought about getting an English Bulldog. My family always had mutts growing up and my dog from my first marriage was a dobie mix and that whole thing left me heartbroken. When I entered grad school, I knew I wouldn't be able to get a dog because the college town I lived in was notoriously dog-unfriendly to renters. When I moved in with my dad for a couple of years, I talked him into getting a pug, so that was the start to my love of the squishy faced breeds. Then I unexpectedly met Adam, it was love at first sight, and we got married. Then I found out his dream dog was an EB and now we were settled, he wanted one badly. Well, I wanted to make sure we did our research, which we did. But also just kept fanning the flames and that was all he could talk about. He found a breeder on his own about 40 minutes from us and begged me to just go and "take a look". So I agreed and that was it. Adam took one look at this stocky little puppy and fell in love. As did I. So completely unprepared, we were now parents to this adorable, wrinkly puppy. Two weeks later, I found EBN, lurked for much needed information, and finally joined. Now I can't wait to rescue an EB and give Frank a brother or sister.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hi all, we had a girl EB named Duchess when I was a kid, she was the greatest dog ever! No health problems that I remember, so when I decided to get Nigel then Talulah, I wasn't aware of all of the problems the breed had developed since the mid 60's. Thank Goodness for this forum as it has educated me immensely,now my babies are healthier and happier! =))

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.