Bully "roll call"...

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I can't keep everyone's straight, and people keep adding to their "family".. I thought it just might be fun to post a roll call on all our bullies here :D

Name, Age... and what brought you to get a bully in the first place. Let me start.

Chester is 7 months old now, and he is our first bully :) My husband actually has wanted a bulldog for a very long time. He was installing a job at a house where they had a bully..and it stayed right by him the whole time, snorting and farting. Our cocker spaniel died last May, and I was intent on being a one-dog family ( we have a shih tzu)..but I was eventually "overruled" by him and my 2 daughters this past February. I have to say, I am SO glad I was overruled. Can't imagine the house without him now :cool:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas is almost 3.
Orion is 1.
I fell in love with my mom's bulldog, Chesty. At the time we had a dalmatian, but when he passed away......we were heartbroken. We wanted to wait awhile before getting a new family member, but after 3 weeks our hearts were aching for our lost child. My husband was looking on the internet one Sunday and came across a little guy nicknamed "Doc". He was one of seven named after the seven dwarfs. He was about 5 hours away, and the lady said "come on down". We jumped in the truck at 2pm and drove the 5 hrs, spent an hour falling in love then headed back with our new addition.
Orion is the 1st born child of my mom's two bulldogs, Chesty and Cadence.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Well we have Spike who is 7 months old. My husband always wanted an English bulldog to tell u the truth I wasn't much of a dog yet animal lover until I saw spike and fell in love. We used our income tax money to buy him and bought him home at only ten weeks old. I could not imagine my life without him. We don't have any kids but spike is my baby ;)

ps while I'm writing this in bed spike is right next to my bed in his bed on the floor snoring loudly

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My hubby had wanted a bully his whole life and even has a little statue of 2 of them from when he was a kid, so cute. Anyhow we are both dog lovers to begin with and when the time came for us to get our first dog together it had to be a bully. We got Cutty (will be 5 in december) already mostly grown at 9 months and now wish we could afford to get a baby since we missed those young years. We added mugsy (turned 4 in sept) in a few months after cuz Cutty needed a brother and who can resist a puggy face?

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola will be 3 in August. I almost always had a family dog when I was growing up and could never imagine life without one. I had wanted an EB for years. I always loved their goofy personalities. Seemed like the perfect companion for someone like myself. My fiance had been pushing for us to get a dog for some time, and I, being the more practical one, said we should really wait until we can afford because they can get expensive. Knowing my love for EBs, she began sending me pictures of available puppies, and within two weeks we were picking Lola up at the airport. And two weeks after that I was at the bank taking out a personal loan so that I could afford her hospital bills. But that's another story. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
As most of you know, I am Libra's mom. I too had a dalmatian, (Libra's and mine were litter mates) I met my now husband in 2005, he was a retired 30 year Marine, and had been close to bulldogs all his life. After two year of being together I went out and bought Chesty from a Navy man for my husband... but my Dal being old would not put up with a 10 week old puppy so we had to keep them seperated most of the time. We all very soon came to love this little bully as Libra said...all of his farting, snorting and most of all his loving way about him. As time went on my Cheyenne stopped eating to find out she had bone cancer and her jaw was locked shut. This broke my heart as she and I had been together just the two for the most of her 13 years. I helped bring her into this world, and found myself having to help end her life. I soon had to have her put down. (This still bring tears to my eyes I can't believe how I loved this dog. Anyway... I was so depressed and one day my husband saw a picture and a week old female bulldog from a breeder he has been in contact with over the years. It was love at first sight... he bought her for me and sent libra and I to Texas to get her as we would not have her flowen out with out us right by her side. So at 8 weeks of age she came in the airplane with us and came to live with use in Washington state. Chesty and Cadence (military named) are our children and they are now mates and love each other very much. Their puppies also with military names are also loved very much...even by Chesty who sneaks in for a peek now and again, giving them a soft woof as to say ...Hi I am your dad.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Bertie is 5 1/2 mos old. I already had a cocker spaniel. I went to my house in the country and heard about a lady who dropped her EB at the vet for a C section and never returned to get her or the puppies. The vet was a friend of my family and let me have the female for just the cost of her shots. I really can not imagine life without her...that face and the kisses every time she sees me!

tweetysmama

Feb 4, 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Good morning everybullie!!!! Name: Priscilla Lou, Silly for short.. She just turned 6 last month. We started out fostering for AdoptABull Rescue in January 2009. Have always thought bullies were cute, but was never interested in owning one.. So we fostered. Silly was foster #5, and we just could not let her go. She lives with 3 cats, another foster bully Nora(who I would keep in a heartbeat), my daughter, hubby, and myself.. Fostering was the BEST thing I ever could have done, it is how we found our Silly Lou!!!!

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Roll Call

Hi, my furry boy is Dempsey and he is 4. We wanted a companion for our mastiff, Maggie and my husband always wanted a bulldog. I drove to a breeder in Missouri from Chicago to pick Demspey up at 8 weeks, bringing along my son Daniel, my step daughter and one of Dan's friends, Dempsey was a "surprise" for my hubby, but in reality Dempsey was really mine (heh, heh- love how that worked out).:D

In 2007 I lost my son. Maggie was 8 years old, her health had declined quickly and 9 months later she crossed the bridge to be with Daniel. Hubby refused to move into a different house after all that, so I packed up Dempsey, BooBoo kitty and moved into a house with my older son (we rent together) and DC kitty, whom David adopted thru the school Daniel was at to become a vet tech. His all female classmates named DC (Dan's cat) because she was only nice to him.

Dempsey has given me nothing less than unconditional love, and has been literally by my side, (or on my lap) through all of this sorrow. He loves to be around people, sleeps on my bed with both kitties, and waits for David to come home to play before bed. That smoosh-faced furbaby made us smile when we never thought we would again. I of course would love a housefull of bullies, but am waiting until the kitties and David get their own place again.

Sorry about the loooong post- I just had to share what Dempsey means to me. I love all dogs, have had other breeds, but no other breed compares to an EB:)

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
wow, danangel14, your story brought tears to my eyes. so glad that dempsey has brought so much love and joy to your lives! bullies have a way of doing that, i think they understand our emotions better than a lot of breeds.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I have one bully, Horse who turned 4 in April. A friend's family shows and breeds bullies, and I was always over their house to see the dogs (they usually had about 14 bullies!). Well, when Horse was born, he was the biggest of his litter of 9 and I fell in love. Knowing I couldn't afford the $3000 to buy him, I resorted to visiting him as often as I could! As luck would have it, no one bought Horse, and at 6mos old, the family offered to let me pay them over time for him! So, on a beautiful New England fall day, I brought our "Horseman" home!

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
wow, danangel14, your story brought tears to my eyes. so glad that dempsey has brought so much love and joy to your lives! bullies have a way of doing that, i think they understand our emotions better than a lot of breeds.

Thank you. I know bullies do. They also can express their emotions so clearly- looking at your post picture proves my point, lol.

Kimrisa

Jun 20, 2010
Tuffy is 9 months old and he is our first bulldog! We previously had a buff and white Cocker Spaniel named Sophie, who died at the age of 13 a couple of years ago. I never knew anyone who had a bulldog but had seen them around town and just always found them too cute for words. I then saw Munch in that Iams commercial and was hooked even further. What solidified the decision for me was last July when we were on vacation in N.C. and someone at a neighboring cabin had a tiny bulldog puppy. I thought it was fate and knew right then and there that I had to have one...to my husband's consternation because he said three kids was enough and we didn't need "anymore living things in our house." But my heart was set on having a bullie to love and I began meticulously researching reputable breeders and learning as much as I could about caring for this high maintence breed. We were going to wait until this Fall to get new puppy because my youngest would be starting kindergarten, but last December the breeder of my choice had the red and white puppy that I'd been dreaming of and I was smitten at first sight. The rest is history... Tuffy is such a wonderful addition to our family and we've all fallen under his spell--even my stubborn husband who grudgingly admits that "since we HAD to get a dog, Tuffy is not bad."
Nothing brings me more pleasure than seeing Tuffy's sweet bully face gaze up at me with those adoring brown eyes. He's a true treasure!

MaryAnn

Jul 13, 2010
Winder, GA. Outside Atlanta
Bulldog(s) Names
Clyde, Charlotte. Foster Mom to Sophie, Clementine, Stone, Brewzer and Sinatra
I went kicking and screaming to my first english bulldog meet up. I had never even seen a real live english bulldog and I never wanted too, they snorted, burped and farted. I was a Golden Retriever person!!! It only took a few moments after setting eyes on a little female bulldog and I was hooked. Our Clyde is now 3 years old and last November we got Miss Congeniality, Charlotte (11 months). In between I've fostered more bulldogs than I can count and am organizer of the very English Bulldog Meet up I was grumbling about having to attend. Oh then, with the help of Florida English Bulldog Rescue, we started our own...Georgia English Bulldog Rescue. It wasn't enough that I volunteered to help the rescue, I'm now director. At the moment I have 3 foster english bulldogs (Sophie, Clementine and Brewzer) and 2 foster Olde English Bulldogs (Stone and Sinatra). We have an additional 9 dogs in private foster homes throughout the Atlanta area.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.