Lily's life before joining our family

Polly

Jul 2, 2011
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily <3
I just had a very long with Lily's original owner and she told me a little bit about Lily's life before joining our family. Lily lived with her breeder for over a year, he wanted to have her as a breeding dog but after a year or so she wouldn't go into heat so he sold her to a lady who already owned Lily's mom. Lily lived there for a year but then the lady had some family issues, and Lily's Mom had some medical issues and the lady was working full time and she realized that Lily was not getting the attention she needed and that was probably why she has some issues with peeing and pooping inside. So the lady tried to find her a good home. She found a nice family who wanted Lily, the lady told them all the issues about Lily and they said they wanted her but after 4 days they brought her back. About a week later the lady found Lily another home, Lily lived there for 3 weeks and we bought her from that home. So, we are the 4th home Lily has lived in. Poor Lily, all she wants is a good and happy home. I think Lily has been craving attention and this might be why she has had a few accidents in the home. The lady who sold her to us told us nothing about how long Lily lived with her ( she said it was months and months) and she said Lily was housebroken.
Anyways, we love :luv:Lily and this is now her home. We are going to work through any and all issues and just love Lily! I hope Lily will feel secure and safe with us. I think Lily is starting to realize how much we love her, last night was the first time we really saw Lily play with her toys, it was so cute, she is also getting better on her walks. Thanks for eading this. I just wanted to share Lily's story.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=2680]Polly[/MENTION] .......... Sounds like Lily finally has her forever home. Patience will be the key here as she has not had much if any stability in her life and that is the key to training, consistency. Time and love will cure all and if not its just part of who she is. HRH, Princess Gracie has her issues too but it doesn't diminish how much she is loved.... and that is what these crazy dogs really want.. LOVE ;)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
Yes it certainly does seem to indicate why she is having difficulty adjusting. Bulies are not like most other dogs. I know others dogs are better able to adjust to changes, but Bullies really attach to people and families and create a VERY strong bond.

Readers; f you are planning on getting a new Bullie puppy. You MUST be committed.
If you are planning on adopting, social issuse will be a big concern.

Good Day~

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Thank you for investing your heart and time with Lily. I believe there is a special place in heaven for people who rescue and adopt. Sounds like she is getting comfortable in to her forever home...finally. Please keep us updated. I love hearing about her "milestones"

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
So glad you were able to have that conversation to help you understand Lily a little better. It sounds like she is very loved in your home & will be fine. You have a great attitude!

I just want to give her a big snuggle!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Lily, this explains alot, at least now she has a loving and stable home and with time, love, and patience, her personallity will come out and finally be the loving and playful girl she is. So happy for her you found each other. Now she has a furever home.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Awwww poor baby, all the love you give her she will give you back triple.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awww it is heartbreaking when you hear of all these homes. And lily is one of millions of dogs who were wanted as puppies and thrown to the curb when they become inconvenient for the owners. So happy Lily has her forever home and love now!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online