White eyelashes

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Is there a direct correlation when having white eyelashes to any health risk.. ie inverted eye lashes, deafness (Po is not deaf from what I can tell), sun burning cornea?

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I wouldn't think there would be really any correlation..she is a white dog. But then again, I haven't looked that closely at dog's eyelashes.

I know people with white eyelashes generally have albinism. People with albinism obviously are prone to sun burning..I'm not sure about deafness or blindness, but I don't think so.

From what I can tell, Po should be fine. She has black pigment and everything. If she didn't have the black pigment I may be a bit concerned about possible deafness but honestly I highly doubt it.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I agree with what [MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] says. If Po had any other sign I would worry. But for you, Po is a very beautiful bully!!! :heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not that I am aware of. My healthiest bully who never even sneezes is all white. I believe the only concern is if both parents are solid white with no other pigment. Not even freckles.

OP
VuBulldogs

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Thanks all! Its wierd because she has white eye lashes n eye liner in 1 eye n just pink around the other, but she has pigment (freckles) all over.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jack our other pup has one eye that all white lashes and he has very pink skin. I keep sunscreen on him around his eye if he's out in the sun for awhile. Other than the recent bone growth issue he has (large breed dog) he doesn't have any other health issues.

Here's a good picture that shows how pink his face gets when he's been in the sun for just a bit. It's another reason I got him Doggles. :)
4-17-11 (50).JPG

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.