Afraid of everything

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
If he has always seemed happy there then it shouldn't confuse him. Perhaps it could even comfort him.

Is the place you moved to busier traffic wise than your old area? HRH came to us from a rural setting. She still isn't real thrilled with city sounds. And terrified of sudden loud noises or even wind sounds. But she has gotten better about most of it. We don't try walking the busy streets though. She's skittish with the occasional car going down the street, but her reaction varies depending on how loud it is.

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
I agree that it is the change of home that is the cause of this. You just need to give it time and patience. When he was a pup, our boy got a major fright when we walked under a train bridge just when an express train was crossing. I took him a bit away from the bridge and would give him a lot of attention when the trains passed. Now he loves when the trains come along and would love to chase them. That's not quite the same as your situatiun, but there is some of the same principle. There is one issue which is that if your bullie has gotten fixated about a particular spot (cowers and wants to go back home) it is going to take some extra work to get him to overcome that spot. For now you might wish to walk some place a bit different. When our boy gets resistant to going somewhere I just take off his lead (if on) and walk in the direction I want to go, and he follows after a bit (but that may not work for you). I think a playdate with the other bullie should be fine.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.