Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Two more bullies die of heat. What a damn shame. Feel so sorry for the pet owners, and the poor bullies. What stupid people.

THE WOODLANDS, Texas—A family is considering legal action after two of their dogs died of heat exhaustion while staying at a boarding kennel near The Woodlands.
When Angie and Skip Waters were required to leave town due to an unexpected death in the family, the couple had to find a place for their four English Bulldogs to stay.
They decided to keep them at Precious Pets Grooming and Boarding near The Woodlands, a place that looked trustworthy by all indications.
But on June 29 the Waters got a phone call they never thought they’d get.
"The owner of Precious Pets called and said my little dog had fainted and wouldn’t wake up," said Angie Waters said.
Angie and Skip said the owner told them the dogs had been outside.
"I said, ‘the dog didn’t faint. It’s 105 degrees in Houston today. Why are my dogs out?’" Angie remembers saying.
"I knew right then she was dead," said Skip.
The Waters said another one of their bulldogs had also died.
When KHOU 11 News paid a visit to the boarding kennel, the front gate was padlocked shut.
No calls placed to the kennel were returned.
Now, as she ponders legal action, Angie Waters can’t help thinking about something else: What the final moments must have been like.
"How they suffered, because it was hot and humid," said Angie. "The dog was virtually cooked and not able to breathe. It had to be a horrible death."
A horrible death, she says, for a breed of dog especially susceptible to heat.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh my!!! that is soooo sad!!! :cry:I hope they do sue the owner of that kennel!! :cursing:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh..this breaks my heart.These poor people..I'd be suing their a**es off! We came home today from a weekend in the mountains and our a/c had quit! Our house was 88 degrees and I panicked for Jake. I immediately prepared his cooling vest and a cooling bandana for my other dog..Dena. I wasn't prepared so it took 20 minutes to get vest soaked and cool. My husband hosed him down and we put cold towels on him. I sat on the floor under the ceiling fan so he would lay still. The longest 20 minutes!! When vest was put on him..he loved it and just laid still under the fan. Dena too! My husband tried to fix but no luck..we called our a/c guy and luckily he was only a city away and came right over. Turns out edison..our power company..had been having power surges and blew out our capacitor! Guess we weren't the only ones and he had been fixing them ALL afternoon! Good news is we are cooling down! And..tomorrow I'm going to get a portable air conditioner and a couple fans to have as backup! We JUST bought one for the mountains and I had been telling my hubby we needed one for home..just in case! Guess he believes me now..he also was so worried for both our dogs!

OP
Davidh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh man what a bummer, so glad you had the vest to keep him cool, and glad the A/C guy was close enough to fix it that day.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh man what a bummer, so glad you had the vest to keep him cool, and glad the A/C guy was close enough to fix it that day.

Yes! We used up a few points with someone today! I am not a good trooper with the heat..nope..NEVER could've been a little house on the prairie type! I'd have gone crazy and killed Nellie Olsen!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You place your pets in a place thinking they will be safe and taken care of and then this happens! This is so tragic and sad.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], i'm going to get a portable ac too. It was 91 degrees inside and this was with my AC turned on and two fans going! I go back to work on Thursday and I don't want to leave the boys unattended with heat like that. I'm really hoping for a cooldown soon!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That is so sad. I can only imagine the heartbreak they must being going too. :(

@JAKEISGREAT our AC went out last night too. Turns out it was the fan motor in the outside unit. We got a new one today and now it's working. Thanks goodness it was only 85 here today and right now it's only 68 - quite a difference from last night. I will have to get serious about getting a cooling vest for Wilson.

@cali baker, now that's HOT for an inside temp....yowza!! Time to go get that portable AC. What's wrong with again with your house AC again that it doesn't cool the house off?

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
You place your pets in a place thinking they will be safe and taken care of and then this happens! This is so tragic and sad.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], i'm going to get a portable ac too. It was 91 degrees inside and this was with my AC turned on and two fans going! I go back to work on Thursday and I don't want to leave the boys unattended with heat like that. I'm really hoping for a cooldown soon!!

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] You need to get your ac fixed first. No way is it working properly and its still 91 in your house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] I had been watching your posts and saw you were having issues..I hate a/c issues and when we opened our front door..I immediately "smelt" trouble! :lol: I was not so nice to my poor hubby who ALWAYS tries to fix it first..to me that's wasting valuable time! The funny thing is my a/c guy knows how bad I am and panics right along with me! I think he worries for Daves safety!! I am going to follow up with what you said and get a bigger portable for home..just in case! I was very impressed with the smaller one we got for the mountains. Glad you are cooler inside and out!

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]...you need to see what's wrong..your a/c system is NOT working right! Poor you and your babies!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
O my I just started crying especially after what she was saying about what it must have been like :'( this is one of the reason we don't just let anyone watch lexter, for this reason. I understand unexpected circumstances that had arose and that to is something I think about, what would we do if something came up.. We are fortunate that if it had to do w a family member anywhere that we would be able to bring him anywhere.

We have had 2 power outages already in the last 3 weeks. The only bad thing about our house is we use window units, they are actually cheaper than running our old unit that will need to be replaced soon!! We have 2 in our den:kitchen plus a floor fan, and one in our bedroom. These are the main rooms that we use, girls room under construction so they are crashing in den, which they like since it's summer and they can stay up watching tv. The good part about my new job is lex is never Alone so we are able to always monitor him and the outages and Expect the worst. I have cool collars in frig at all times that stay really cool.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2135]jmill79[/MENTION], [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], and [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], yeah, i know i need to get my ac unit looked at. i live in a 39unit condo bldg and a few of my neighbors have probs w/their ac's too. One told me their estimate for repairing/replacing was around $7K! and my other neighbor who did get theirs "repaired" said theirs still isn't working well! i've just been putting it off (obviously!) and in the past seemed to get by okay, but that was before i had my little guys. I'll make a trip to the store tomorrow to look for a portable. These are the days when I wish I had those cooling vests already!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2135]jmill79[/MENTION], [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], and [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], yeah, i know i need to get my ac unit looked at. i live in a 39unit condo bldg and a few of my neighbors have probs w/their ac's too. One told me their estimate for repairing/replacing was around $7K! and my other neighbor who did get theirs "repaired" said theirs still isn't working well! i've just been putting it off (obviously!) and in the past seemed to get by okay, but that was before i had my little guys. I'll make a trip to the store tomorrow to look for a portable. These are the days when I wish I had those cooling vests already!

Yup! I feel your pain! You can get a couple portables and at least stay somewhat comfortable! And who has $7000 laying around? I bet you are spending a ton on edison bills too? The portables can be set by timer or temp. Might get you through the summer...we got ours at home depot. [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] gave a great description and installation instructions! Not hard at all..just get correct size. Good luck! This was the first official time of using cooling vest. It calmed him down and helped!

Last edited:

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I need to get violet a cooling vest she loves outside I let her out to go potty and then back inside. I put ice in her water and freeze wet rags. She gets her self in trouble so she gets put on time out in her kennel, (its in our living room) I put the frozen rag in her kennel its like having her very own AC unit in there lol we have a swap cooler it sucks! But violet knows where to lay in the kitchen to get the full blast of cold air :)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
This is so, so sad. And so preventable.

I feel so badly for those people. It's absolutely tragic..this really shouldn't have happened. :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.