cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just activated a health policy for Finn with Trupanion, same company i use for Tate. I was surprised big time by the rate however; for Tate with 0 deductible, I pay about $43/month. For Finn, at 0 deductible the rate was $90-something/month!!!! The customer svc lady told me that rates went up for English Bulldogs since i applied for Tate. I guess so...!! yikes...that's a lot of $$$. I decided to get a $100 deductible plan for Finn...at the "bargain" price of $73/month!
I was thinking of shopping around for a cheaper plan but i've had good exper. w/Trupanion and at least i didn't have to pay another "initiation" fee.

Well, i'm glad i have insurance for the both of them but my goodness...that's a lot of dough!:aaargh:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I sure wish I would have gotten insurance for Gator when we brought him home. I could use it right now! lol. I was thinking of putting Gyps on it since she hasn't had an issue but I think it is too late for Gator since he is having problems with his leg.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I would like to get the insurance for the boys, but just don't have the extra money to spend right now. Yes, I know I'd be spending more money if something were to happen, but with me not working and my husband's hours shortened at work, something has to give and with four kids to feed, clothe, and house, it is the little luxories like pet insurance.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I looked into it, however most policies don't cover congenital issues and it wouldn't of helped at all on Bella. I just use my Care Credit card and get interest free for a year.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Wow, that's a 100% jump. I wonder if the other popular companies that're available in your area have done the same.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Wow, that's crazy. I wouldn't be able to afford that much for insurance for Delilah.

I think it's unfair how they automatically charge more for English Bulldogs. Every single breed is prone to health problems, not just Bulldogs. Let's charge more for German Shepherds because they're prone to Hip Dysplasia. Or, perhaps Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, because they are likely to have heart problems. Hm..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.