I don't know what to do!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Chunk hasn't gone to the bathroom since this afternoon ... Between the thunderstorms and the fireworks, he's scared. :( it started with him just being cuddly on the couch, but when we went to walk (storm stopped and thought fireworks were finished mostly), he dragged me back inside and was shaking!!! He's calmed down now that we are inside but I'm concerned about him not going potty! Anyone have any thoughts? Oh and I can't give him benadryl because it gives him head tremors. :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, I guess he'll go when he just can't hold it any longer, just watch out for the flood.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Try a small (not tight) t-shirt to help calm him or get him some rescue remedy. That may help for tomorrow when the fireworks are really going crazy! Poor guy :(. There have been fireworks going off in our neighborhood on and off all weekend and mine could care less.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is wigging out on us again too, last week we thought she was finally going to be over that whole afraid to go out thing. She has reverted back this week, and she has only heard distant ones when she was out. But I suppose with dogs having a more acute sense of hearing that she has heard more than we have.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have problems with the neighborhood and fireworks too. Except my pack won't come in the house and they're barking mad at the all the noise. I shake a bag of trreats and then they follow me anywhere. If he is food motivated this could work for you too. Good luck

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I'm so lucky I don't have that problem with the little boys! Now my big st. bernard's are scared of thunder and fireworks, but not Sebastian and Oliver. Last night I was sitting on the deck and they boys were outside with me and the neigbors were shooting of fireworks and the boys were just looking over towards their yard watching all the festivities and the smoke rising up in the air. Meanwhile the big dogs were in the house cowering by the furniture!!!!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for all the advice everyone! I ended up getting up at like 1am - once all the fireworks were over - to take him out. Ugh. He's fine once he's inside but walking is so not an option. Tonight I'll walk him an hour before dusk so at least I don't have to get up in the middle of the night again! He was fast asleep and probably would have slept through the night but I REALLY didn't want to wake up to a mess or let him give himself an infection! He's completely fine and rambunctious this morning of course! :lmao: I'm the one who's sleepy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
This has been such a hard week for Vegas as well with all the firecrackers. I actually have to collar him in the house and drag him out. I think he has only pooped 3 times in the last 5 days. When he pee's he barely squats hurry's and runs to the back door. We had our big show last night but we rented a movie and turned on our surround sound extra loud, he did not hear it. He is eating and drinking normal so I think when the time comes he is going to have one huge pile of :poo:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So far we have been lucky with both the pups. There were a bunch of fireworks going off last night in the hood and both boys were sound asleep and it didn't seem to bother them. The other night though someone let off some M80s I'm guessing and it was before Wilson was in this crate upstairs for the night. He got his big doggie bark on and became a watchdog and bolted downstairs in a deep bark and growl. We were both laughing. Glad to hear Chunk went last night.

Kelly that has to be hard with Vegas .....poor thing!!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] That's how Chunk was too! He went :poo: this morning thank goodness and my husband said it was a lot (like 5 times he went!) and by the end it was runny. I hate that. He holds it so long that he goes so much and it upsets his belly. :(

The worst part about the fireworks by us. THEY ARE ILLEGAL!!! No fireworks in Jersey. I wish all these a-holes were to get arrested. But unfortunately, the big storm we had kept the police tied up with floods and lights out so most got away with it. They are dangerous (especially since the only ones you can buy if you live in Jersey are the unregulated ones ... people are so dumb) and just not necessary. There are soooo many fireworks around here (legitimate shows) that people really don't need to put on their own shows. GRRR. Ok rant over. Thanks for listening!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION], they are illegal here too! but that does not stop every other neighbor from shooting them off, it is the firecrackers that spooks Vegas, they are still going at it and it is 3:20 in the afternoon. It is going to be another long night. Sooner or later he has got to go, his food and water intake has not changed. I bet he has to have a belly ache. It is going on everywhere, I don't think the police would even respond if I called since every person in this town are doing them.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] UGH! Isn't that the most frustrating part?! Our PD is great but they really couldn't care about fireworks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.