Update--please read and reply i need suggestions!!

slimmdp

Jun 29, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumlee
Well, what do ya know?? Last night Chumlee had an accident in the kitchen with his diarrhea and it was everywhere!!! It had the consistency of water!! I took him out this morning after his breakfast and he had more diarrhea, except this time it was projectile diarrhea!! I thought the boiled chicken diet had been helping rest his digestive system, but now I am beginning to wonder if the chicken is the root of this mess. Any suggestions on what to feed him for a while to harden his stool back up and eventually ween him back on California Natural?? As for the hypersensitivity, he got a shot of steroids and his skin is clearing right up!!

If you need more info for any suggestions, you can see the entire thread at the link below

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...se-help-skin-problems-my-english-bulldog.html

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
I am so sorry to hear about your bully. I don't have any helpful suggestions for you because I am still a new onwer. (only 2nd day) I think I remember reading on this forum somewhere that pumpkin helps?! But please look into it before you try it because I am not 100% sure. Good luck. and I wish you guys the best

bullymommy2vinny

Apr 28, 2011
When changed Vinny's food he had a very bad time with it, so we gave him plain white rice until the diahrea stopped. Once it stopped we put him on a regular diet!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think Monday I would call your vet and get some canned food to help with the diarrhea, in the mean time try the rice and some pumpkin, but not the pie filling kind with sugar and spice in it just plain pumpkin. Hope this helps the little guy.

L

Lucy-licious

I had a border collie with colitis a while back. When he had problems with bloody diarrhoea he was given a steroid injection and his tummy was totally rested for 24hours no food or water, after the initial 24 hours water was re introduced then rice until his stools were formed again. But you really should discuss it with your vet. Projectile diarrhoea, sounds like there may be a bowel infection of some sort. Not sure what is common over there but I'd get some stool samples to the vet for testing if I were you.
Hope he's feeling better soon poor guy xxx

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We had this with bacon a few weeks ago. Vet said to stop any medicine we were giving him for a few days, feed him white rice for a few days, and that we could give him pepto-bismol up to 3x a day. I would suggest not doing to pepto unless your vet suggest it. We didnt really give it to him because he hated the taste and it was exceptionally hard to give it to him.. he maybe got a t-spoon total. but his diarrhea did stop and we slowly switched him back to food and then reintroduced the medicine.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Did the vet do a fecal test? This sounds like one of two things.... Giardia or a severe allergy to kibble.

I would skip a meal entirely, and not feed for 12 hours. Give plenty of fluids. Next meals give only rice. I do hope you had a fecal done to rule out Giardia--- because that can really be bad and cause so much weight loss. Not easy to get rid of either. The sooner that is ruled out the better.

What does the bum look like? Is it sore and raw looking? If so, I would put some desitin on it and lean toward Giardia!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would call the vet as well. There are several things it could be and like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] mentioned, I would want them to rule out Giardia. You can also try to pumpkin. Gypsy had this for a day earlier in the week. It was from an antibiotic for a small lump on her vulva and her acne (which is almost gone now). I gave her about two tbsp of pumpkin with her food for about two days and it did firm up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.