Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grooming your EB

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

Default Grooming your EB

What routine/products (shampoo, brush, etc.) do you use?

How frequently? Do you take care of it yourself or take pup to a groomer?

I have been bathing Penny once every 1.5-2 weeks as she needs it. I clean her face & wipe her ears daily. I do an ear cleanse with solution when I bath her.

I have read that EB's need brushed frequently. How often & what type of brush do you use? This is something we have not gotten yet, and with her recent increase in shedding, I need to do this!

I also want her to get used to the fuss of grooming when she's little.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Wrigley (Wriggers, Wrigster, Mister Wrigs, Fatman, Lil Fatman)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Grooming your EB

Wrigley has been groomed and bathed by me since I got him at 11 weeks. He love taking bathes and getting brushed. The only challenge I have is cutting his nails since he always tries to squirm away. As far as the products I use I recommend the FURminator. I use it twicr a week to deshed him and get all his loose fur off. It has helped us a lot with his shedding. A little costly but well worth the money.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We bathe once a week in the summer and 2 to 3 weeks in winter, he hates the blow dryer so can't do it as often. Lex gets the works ears, toes, baby powder in tail pocket, and a little in his face folds. Grooming we also use the furminater try to use it once a day, and man that thing works like a charm. Yes it is expensive but very worth it.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Lucy-licious

Brushing at least once a day.
    Facials and botty wipes daily sometimes twice a day if she'll let me.
    and bathing when she needs it.
    We don't need to do her nails they are kept short from her walks, which suits us both.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I do the daily face wrinkle cleaning/drying, a bath about every two weeks. I also clean the ears if they need it during face time but do a good cleaning with the ear wash at bath time. I look at their nails every time I bathe. Sometimes they need a clip and sometimes they don't. You are doing very well so far and starting early is a MUST! I use a shampoo for Gator from the doggy boutique. It smells kind of manly so I use something different on the girls. I don't remember the names of them at this moment other than Gator's says "lush" on it. lol. I am also looking for a good brush. What kinds of bristles do you guys recommend?

Drool Catcher Laura M Velazquez's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    I do the daily face wrinkle cleaning/drying, a bath about every two weeks. I also clean the ears if they need it during face time but do a good cleaning with the ear wash at bath time. I look at their nails every time I bathe. Sometimes they need a clip and sometimes they don't. You are doing very well so far and starting early is a MUST! I use a shampoo for Gator from the doggy boutique. It smells kind of manly so I use something different on the girls. I don't remember the names of them at this moment other than Gator's says "lush" on it. lol. I am also looking for a good brush. What kinds of bristles do you guys recommend?
    I really like the zoom groomer by kong. I use it for the bath and regular brushings. Easy to use on his body. I use a smaller bristle brush for his face.

Drool Catcher Laura M Velazquez's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

I bathe once a month. Meilyr stays clean and he gets a weekly brushing outside. I use a sensitive aloe and oatmeal shampoo from Vet Solution. Daily face cleaning with stridex and wipes for his toosh as needed. Cottonelle wipes for the rear. He almost purrs while I clean his face. I guess he feels comforted.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laura M Aguirre View Post
    I bathe once a month. Meilyr stays clean and he gets a weekly brushing outside. I use a sensitive aloe and oatmeal shampoo from Vet Solution. Daily face cleaning with stridex and wipes for his toosh as needed. Cottonelle wipes for the rear. He almost purrs while I clean his face. I guess he feels comforted.
    Gator falls asleep when I clean his face. I can actually hear him snoring sometimes. lol. Gypsy on the other hand, likes to try to eat everything.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

We have been bathing Ace about once every two weeks. What is a good grooming powder or substitute to use between baths for odor? I wash his face almost daily with a damp rag and towel dry and brush every day or so with a zoom groom and love glove mitt. But need something for in between baths, its not his face but overall doggy smell

Bike riding, bully loving soldier Become a 4 Paw Member PapaSmurf2's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rob McKinnell
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

Right now Gracie is getting bathed once every couple of days ( if she has an accident in her crate. We still sometimes pee in there). I use an oatmeal shampoo for sensitive skin. I baby wipe and dry her folds and tail at least once a day, and her paws as needed (she likes to step in her ). With my previous Bully I bathed once every two weeks unless she got into something. I forget the name, but I use a Kong rubber type brush. It works really well. Brush AGAINST the fur, then go back WITH the fur.
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that have died (in battle). Rather we should thank God that such men have lived.

George S. Patton

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    We have been bathing Ace about once every two weeks. What is a good grooming powder or substitute to use between baths for odor? I wash his face almost daily with a damp rag and towel dry and brush every day or so with a zoom groom and love glove mitt. But need something for in between baths, its not his face but overall doggy smell

Hi, I bathe my two guys once every 2 weeks, so twice a month. I wipe their ears, eyes, face, wrinkles, and tail pocket and butt area every other day with baby wipes. When I bathe them, I use a tearless puppy shampoo with chamomile and oatmeal from Petsmart. I like the puppy formula because it is gentle, it doesn't irritate their eyes, and it makes them smell like baby powder. I wash their bodies with this shampoo , and then rinse them with warm water, but I don't put their face or ears under the water, because of the risk of ears infections , and to avoid getting water in their noses. I use a facecloth with warm water and the shampoo, and then I wash their faces with the cloth, and then rinse the cloth and go over their face again to rinse off the soap. I then do a second rinse of their body using 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 or 4 parts water, I pour this over their body and leave it on, and dry well with a towel. The apple cider vinegar makes their fur really bright and shiny, and also really soft, plus it's good for their skin, and helps heal any skin problems such as mange, hot spots, dry skin, fleas etc. my guys have never had these problems, but I figure it might help to prevent these problems too, and it makes them so soft. The vinegar smell dissipates after they are dry, and you can't smell it, i find that it actually keeps them smelling good longer. After they are dry, I use a soft brush to brush all the loose fur, and make their fur shiny. They really enjoy this, it's like a massage for them. I will check their nails after their bath and cut them if needed, I find it easier to cut their nails after a bath as the nails are a little softer from the water.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the suggestions all. Some of these I haven't tried yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads