Grooming your EB

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
What routine/products (shampoo, brush, etc.) do you use?

How frequently? Do you take care of it yourself or take pup to a groomer?

I have been bathing Penny once every 1.5-2 weeks as she needs it. I clean her face & wipe her ears daily. I do an ear cleanse with solution when I bath her.

I have read that EB's need brushed frequently. How often & what type of brush do you use? This is something we have not gotten yet, and with her recent increase in shedding, I need to do this!

I also want her to get used to the fuss of grooming when she's little.

Wrigley

Jun 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley (Wriggers, Wrigster, Mister Wrigs, Fatman, Lil Fatman)
Wrigley has been groomed and bathed by me since I got him at 11 weeks. He love taking bathes and getting brushed. The only challenge I have is cutting his nails since he always tries to squirm away. As far as the products I use I recommend the FURminator. I use it twicr a week to deshed him and get all his loose fur off. It has helped us a lot with his shedding. A little costly but well worth the money.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We bathe once a week in the summer and 2 to 3 weeks in winter, he hates the blow dryer so can't do it as often. Lex gets the works ears, toes, baby powder in tail pocket, and a little in his face folds. Grooming we also use the furminater try to use it once a day, and man that thing works like a charm. Yes it is expensive but very worth it.

L

Lucy-licious

Brushing at least once a day.
Facials and botty wipes daily sometimes twice a day if she'll let me.
and bathing when she needs it. :)
We don't need to do her nails they are kept short from her walks, which suits us both.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I do the daily face wrinkle cleaning/drying, a bath about every two weeks. I also clean the ears if they need it during face time but do a good cleaning with the ear wash at bath time. I look at their nails every time I bathe. Sometimes they need a clip and sometimes they don't. You are doing very well so far and starting early is a MUST! I use a shampoo for Gator from the doggy boutique. It smells kind of manly so I use something different on the girls. I don't remember the names of them at this moment other than Gator's says "lush" on it. lol. I am also looking for a good brush. What kinds of bristles do you guys recommend?

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
I do the daily face wrinkle cleaning/drying, a bath about every two weeks. I also clean the ears if they need it during face time but do a good cleaning with the ear wash at bath time. I look at their nails every time I bathe. Sometimes they need a clip and sometimes they don't. You are doing very well so far and starting early is a MUST! I use a shampoo for Gator from the doggy boutique. It smells kind of manly so I use something different on the girls. I don't remember the names of them at this moment other than Gator's says "lush" on it. lol. I am also looking for a good brush. What kinds of bristles do you guys recommend?

I really like the zoom groomer by kong. I use it for the bath and regular brushings. Easy to use on his body. I use a smaller bristle brush for his face.

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
I bathe once a month. Meilyr stays clean and he gets a weekly brushing outside. I use a sensitive aloe and oatmeal shampoo from Vet Solution. Daily face cleaning with stridex and wipes for his toosh as needed. Cottonelle wipes for the rear. He almost purrs while I clean his face. I guess he feels comforted.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I bathe once a month. Meilyr stays clean and he gets a weekly brushing outside. I use a sensitive aloe and oatmeal shampoo from Vet Solution. Daily face cleaning with stridex and wipes for his toosh as needed. Cottonelle wipes for the rear. He almost purrs while I clean his face. I guess he feels comforted.

Gator falls asleep when I clean his face. I can actually hear him snoring sometimes. lol. Gypsy on the other hand, likes to try to eat everything.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
We have been bathing Ace about once every two weeks. What is a good grooming powder or substitute to use between baths for odor? I wash his face almost daily with a damp rag and towel dry and brush every day or so with a zoom groom and love glove mitt. But need something for in between baths, its not his face but overall doggy smell

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Right now Gracie is getting bathed once every couple of days ( if she has an accident in her crate. We still sometimes pee in there). I use an oatmeal shampoo for sensitive skin. I baby wipe and dry her folds and tail at least once a day, and her paws as needed (she likes to step in her :poo: ). With my previous Bully I bathed once every two weeks unless she got into something. I forget the name, but I use a Kong rubber type brush. It works really well. Brush AGAINST the fur, then go back WITH the fur.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We have been bathing Ace about once every two weeks. What is a good grooming powder or substitute to use between baths for odor? I wash his face almost daily with a damp rag and towel dry and brush every day or so with a zoom groom and love glove mitt. But need something for in between baths, its not his face but overall doggy smell

Hi, I bathe my two guys once every 2 weeks, so twice a month. I wipe their ears, eyes, face, wrinkles, and tail pocket and butt area every other day with baby wipes. When I bathe them, I use a tearless puppy shampoo with chamomile and oatmeal from Petsmart. I like the puppy formula because it is gentle, it doesn't irritate their eyes, and it makes them smell like baby powder. I wash their bodies with this shampoo , and then rinse them with warm water, but I don't put their face or ears under the water, because of the risk of ears infections , and to avoid getting water in their noses. I use a facecloth with warm water and the shampoo, and then I wash their faces with the cloth, and then rinse the cloth and go over their face again to rinse off the soap. I then do a second rinse of their body using 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 or 4 parts water, I pour this over their body and leave it on, and dry well with a towel. The apple cider vinegar makes their fur really bright and shiny, and also really soft, plus it's good for their skin, and helps heal any skin problems such as mange, hot spots, dry skin, fleas etc. my guys have never had these problems, but I figure it might help to prevent these problems too, and it makes them so soft. The vinegar smell dissipates after they are dry, and you can't smell it, i find that it actually keeps them smelling good longer. After they are dry, I use a soft brush to brush all the loose fur, and make their fur shiny. They really enjoy this, it's like a massage for them. I will check their nails after their bath and cut them if needed, I find it easier to cut their nails after a bath as the nails are a little softer from the water.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda goes to the groomers about once a month. Her groomer is just WONDERFUL - I'm never able to get her as clean and white as they do! She GLOWS when she comes back from them. They also let her run around the store and give her treaties... she never wants to leave. I have to bribe her back to the car with me. I'm also scared to clip her nails myself (hah) so she gets those trimmed as needed - usually every 2 weeks. I like to take her in and get them grinded down so they're smooth!

Here is our routine:

Daily: We use an antiseptic concoction her vet makes (the line is called Vet4Bulldogs) to clean the tail pocket and any skin irritations (Tilly is very sensitive to grass, so I usually wipe down her tummy with it to prevent a rash). Then, we use baby wipes to clean lady bits, paws, and face wrinkles. We finish up by putting Vaseline in the face wrinkles and squirting a teeth cleaner in her mouth. It is also from Vet4Bulldogs. You just squirt it in on either side of her mouth near her back teeth, and Til's smile is perfect :) We also use the Kong ZoomGroom to brush her out - as she sheds like CRAZY right now. I'm thinking of picking up a FURminator.

Weekly: We get a full bath, using Bobbi Panter Baby Bebe shampoo (it smells wonderful and you don't need a lot!). Matilda LOVES the bath, and has several bath toys that float - including a rubber ducky. :D So she plays while we scrub her - it makes it so much easier. The best investment for bath time though is the detachable shower head. It takes two seconds to soap her up and rinse her off! We also clean her ears with a V4B ear cleaner. You just pour some on a cotton ball and squish it in there. Matilda HATES it, but what can you do? We clean between her toes, tail pocket, lady bits, wrinkles, all in the bath, and finish up with Vaseline in her face wrinkles and her teeth cleaner. :) Then all done and yummy treats for being a GOOD GURL.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
100_1105.jpg
As you can see by the picture I have a whole SPA treatment for my babies ... They get their daily fold, tail pocket, overall body wipe down and then once a week they get their SPA DAY I use the Tomlyn Pearls Au Lait Milk Bath Shampoo, Southbark Blueberry Facial & Kelco Ultra Silk Conditioner to give them their bath and condition (those 3 products are a doggie staple in my home).

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I wash Usko when needed and that means usually maybe twice a year...We have what we call a dayspa every week when we use dremmel on his nails, clean ears, put eye drops, clean in between the toes and put cream on his paws. Facial folds, under the tail and privats are cleaned 2-3 times a week or if needed more often. I should brush him more often, but bc I'm raw feeding him he hardly sheds at all.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.