Need Help with Vegas ASAP!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yesterday morning at 7:30, yes 7:30 a.m. I had Vegas out to poop and pee, some idot kid let off firecrackers about 3 doors down, scaring the crap out of Vegas. Last night I had to actually reach in his crate to collar him to MAKE him go out, he hurried and pee'd and ran back to the door.

This morning same thing, I had to chase him in the house to collar him, all the while I have a treat in my hand begging him to go out, I had to litterally pull him! He ran out quickly pee'd and ran to the back door. He has not pooped in over 24 hours at this point. Now I just got home from work and he went to the door, I opened it and he ran back into his crate.

Everytime he steps out of his crate I ask him if he wants out and he litterally runs back into his crate. I have tried being extra nice, holding a treat everything!! Any other suggestions?????, what sucks is I know the fireworks are going to get even worse the next couple of days!!!!!

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh no! Poor Vegas. I would just force him out and walk him..hoping he would get better when he realizes the noise isn't there! I hate fireworks for what they do to critters! I hate your neighbor now too! Once he goes..hope. hope..keep music or the tv on loud enough to drown out the noise and find a room that's maybe quieter! I'm sorry!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I already have my mind made up I will call the cops this year, the same neighbor boy is about 17 and we have a pond behind all our houses, he was putting M80's into the pond last year and blowing them up. I am watching like a hawk out the back door to see him do it again this year!! I would like to shove a M80 where the sun don't shine on this boy!!! It is hard to walk vegas since we have no sidewalks only black asphalt roads and it is high 90's here. :cursing:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I already have my mind made up I will call the cops this year, the same neighbor boy is about 17 and we have a pond behind all our houses, he was putting M80's into the pond last year and blowing them up. I am watching like a hawk out the back door to see him do it again this year!! I would like to shove a M80 where the sun don't shine on this boy!!! It is hard to walk vegas since we have no sidewalks only black asphalt roads and it is high 90's here. :cursing:

Ohhhh..forgot the weather! That ahole...he needs that m80 in a very special place! Poor Vegas...just know he WILL go..eventually! Might be in an inappropriate place..but he can be forgiven for THAT! When we adopted our Dena from the shelter..she had been so traumatized..she didn't poop for a week...my vet said..she will!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Is there any chance poor Vegas will potty in the front yard?? Or is he scared of outside period???

L

Lucy-licious

Aww poor Vegas, our old Border Collie was frightened of fireworks to this extent too.
He used to sit quaking in the house for days after bonfire night poor boy.
A dark room with a radio on and his favourite stinky monkey may help Vegas get through this.
He will poop and when he does wrap it and post it to your neighbour.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION], outside period it does not matter front or back. I have to pull him out the door which scares him even more. [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION]! Oh tomorrow is trash day I have several poop bags already tied up ready to go in the trash, I could, should........well that would not be fair to his parents! But WHERE are his parents while he is bombing our pond and setting firecrackers off at 7:30 A.M.????

May 24, 2011
Chicago
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winslow aka The crop duster
Take an m-80 of your own, mix it in with some of Vegas pent up poop, lite it and leave on doorstep. A little note from anonymous that reads, stop blowing up m-80's... Could you imagine what their front door would look like.. oh, please use the cover of darkness when attempting. LOL..

Sir Winslow (Tapatalk)

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Vegas, he will eventually go with time, just don't be behind him when he does, :ROFL: I'm sorry could not help my self. I know what I would like to do to that boy, can't post it here though. Hopefully with time after the 4th is over he will go outside and enjoy it again. You may have to just go outside with him and just sit for a wail.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just want to give Vegas a big kiss on his adorable face and tell him it's gonna be okay. Poor guy! This is the part of 4th of J that i'm worried about b/c it'll be Tate's (and lil' bro's) 1st 4th of July and don't really know what to expect with the fireworks going off. Hopefully it won't be so noisy in our area. I would keep trying to lure him outside to go potty with a treat you know he loves to eat...maybe a juicy hotdog?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
There are always fireworks let off around here too. I'm dreading the first one. HRH is so afraid of loud noises. And just when she's been doing so much better about going outside. She'll sit on the deck with us now and doesn't act like she's miserable but this could revert her right back to miss scaredy princess.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, gosh...poor guy! I like the idea of something he LOVES to eat to lure him. OR you ca wait until dark and put him in the car and take him somewhere away from your house to walk. maybe a neighborhood with sidewalks? Trying a change of scenery might help.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
This just happened to BabyGirl too! She so loves her walks too. First it started with one of those bikes with a noisy motor attached with it. She reared up like a little pony and started pulling me back home. The next day someone started some fireworks on our street and she freaked and wanted to run back home again. Now if she even hears one faraway boom she turns right around and pulls me back home. This is so heart breaking. Plus I don't like that she runs too fast and I try t.o stop her and hug her but she is so terrified she just wants to be home with daddy. I cant wait for the 4th of July to be over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Take an m-80 of your own, mix it in with some of Vegas pent up poop, lite it and leave on doorstep. A little note from anonymous that reads, stop blowing up m-80's... Could you imagine what their front door would look like.. oh, please use the cover of darkness when attempting. LOL..

Sir Winslow (Tapatalk)

That is very bad and as a moderator of EBN I do not condone such actions .............. but I kinda like it :evil: ............ Ssshhhhh. don't tell anybody I said that!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.