Is my bully clingy or sick?

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
I recently suffered a herniated disc. Iā€™m on serious limitations (not even a slow dog walk yet) and either in bed or stretching and doing PT exercises. Luckily, my husband is a gem and I am already off work for the summer.

Lupeā€™s demeanor (she's 3) has TOTALLY changed since this started 2 weeks ago. She sleeps next to me and wakes up from that deeeeep bully sleep if I so much as get up to stretch or grab teaā€¦.last night I had to lie on the living room floor at 4am (back injury people: you know what I mean!) and within minutes I heard her shuffle coming in, and she plopped down next to me. The other day on the couch she literally tried to sleep ON me.

Is SHE maybe not feeling well? I am missing something or is she picking up on my physical pain? Sheā€™s has a history of UTIs an ear infections, but her vet visit last month was fine. Just curious if youā€™ve seen this before. Thanks in advance. This forum is awesome!

IMG_0200.jpg

L

Lucy-licious

Is she eating, drinking, peeing and pooping normally?
If so I would be inclined to go with her being very sensitive to your suffering and doing all she can to help her mom feel better. :hug2: to you and I hope your exercises work and strengthen your back muscles so that they can support your injury properly xxooxx

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am not sure but if she seems fine otherwise, I would think she might be tuned in to you and your pain. They do tend to do that. When I have a really bad cold a bit ago, Gator wouldn't leave my side.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well lex is a total momma boy he follows me everywhere. If I take a nap on the couch he is laying on my tummy napping. In the bed he has gotten to were he will sleep right in between my legs or Lays on my legs. Sounds like you just have a total mommas girl that loves to be w you. O and if I get up in middle of the nite lex is up w me lol.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
butler is the same way with me. he is always up my butt looking for affection and petting, but when i am sad or have a migraine, he just snuggles me, or he'll lick my arm or leg. he stands up on the bed to tell my husband to go away if i am laying down sick, and then he goes right back to snuggling me. When i'm not sick he backs his butt up against me for scratching or pushes his head against me, so he exhibits very different actions when i am not feeling well.

like everyone else said, as long as she is pooping, peeing, eating, and drinking normally, i would think she is just taking care of her pack mate. :heart:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I agree with what everyone else says. Matilda is the same way with my hubby. He has a bad back.

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
The dog is fine I think. I have had 4 spinal surgeries and I am familiar with what you're saying. The dog is aware of your weakened state and they're showing you their loyalty. The animal knows you may need help and they're there to get your back. Ummm no pun intended......or is it? :meeting:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I think your dog just knows you are not well and wants to be by your side.On the other hand mocha is just glued to me all day long since Ive been home for a month:). When i go to the bathroom, there she is, the minute I move in bed she gets up, she follows my every move around the house:luv:! So just take this time to snuggle with your baby:D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas definately picks up when my husband or myself are sick, he will not leave our sides. I would think this is what Lupe's doing if everything else is normal (eat, pee, poo).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.