Thread: I cannot believe what I woke up to this morning....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default I cannot believe what I woke up to this morning....

Katie was peeing on the couch, ugh! It had dripped down onto the carpet and soaked her leash too. What the heck is up with her?! Do any of you have problems like this? This is the first time I know of that she has done it, but who knows? She is home alone during the day time.... I just feel so stressed now worrying about how to handle her. I got her a couple of months ago and accidents on the carpet are one thing.. but this too??

edit: I can't believe I spelled believe wrong in the title.. I'm just plain exhausted! lol

I fixed it for you!
    Bruce
    Last edited by BruceP; 06-29-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily & Humphrey
    Likes (Received)

Default re: I cannot believe what I woke up to this morning....

My rockheaded female, Lily, has done this on three occasions. One: she had a bladder infection/stones that needed treating. Two: when her subtle "staring a hole through mommy over the gate to tell her I have to pee" tactic didn't work and she really had to go (she was standing on the couch to stare). Three: she was angry that I yelled at her over some misdeed and had swatted her tail with an envelope. Came back in the room and puddle on the couch. She still had the bladder infection at that time, so I give her a break on that one.

Long story short, I'd have her urine tested if she shows any other signs that it may be an infection. Symptoms include: frequent urination, lethargy (in a bulldog, I know!), taking longer than usual to go to the bathroom, straining to pee, foul smelling urine, cloudy urine, etc.

Sometimes, they're just rockheaded and pills don't fix that XD

Priscilla

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the input! My sister was up earlier than I was and my sister hates Katie because she drools and walks under her feet and stuff. She might have been mean to her or scared her... or maybe Katie was trying to get my sister to take her outside, I don't know. :/

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Poor katie... I keeo violet in the kennel because she will pee where she wants when we are not looking byt never on the couch, she went in my room looked at my husband and peed on his work shirt lol I think she was mad at him.. I hope it was just a one off. And no bladder infection

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

I ment violets in the kennel at night and when we leave lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angievelvet View Post
    she went in my room looked at my husband and peed on his work shirt lol I think she was mad at him..

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I cannot believe what I woke up to this morning....

Bad girl Katie! I know that a while ago, Mocha (she sleeps with us) got on the bed and I had just bought a beautiful comforter from Pottery Barn and she just right in front of us peed on it ! Just like that! I had just put it on the bed!! I have no explanation other than she didnt like the color
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I cannot believe what I woke up to this morning....

If she continues to do it, shake pepper in the spots she pees. The areas you dont want her to pee on. I know it sounds silly, but she will sniff the area, get a whiff of pepper and move on. Eventually she will not dare to check it out. She will still lay on couch, but won't sniff there for pee spot. I did this on the second floor hallway and it worked.
    Even on the most awful of days, Hambone can get a smile out of me. I don't know what else to say other than, the bond one has with their dog is one of the most special things there is.

Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinal Remains View Post
    If she continues to do it, shake pepper in the spots she pees. The areas you dont want her to pee on. I know it sounds silly, but she will sniff the area, get a whiff of pepper and move on. Eventually she will not dare to check it out. She will still lay on couch, but won't sniff there for pee spot. I did this on the second floor hallway and it worked.
    Great idea!

Remove Ads