I cannot believe what I woke up to this morning....

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Katie was peeing on the couch, ugh! It had dripped down onto the carpet and soaked her leash too. What the heck is up with her?! Do any of you have problems like this? This is the first time I know of that she has done it, but who knows? She is home alone during the day time.... I just feel so stressed now worrying about how to handle her. I got her a couple of months ago and accidents on the carpet are one thing.. but this too?? :nope:

edit: I can't believe I spelled believe wrong in the title.. I'm just plain exhausted! lol

I fixed it for you!
Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
My rockheaded female, Lily, has done this on three occasions. One: she had a bladder infection/stones that needed treating. Two: when her subtle "staring a hole through mommy over the gate to tell her I have to pee" tactic didn't work and she really had to go (she was standing on the couch to stare). Three: she was angry that I yelled at her over some misdeed and had swatted her tail with an envelope. Came back in the room and puddle on the couch. She still had the bladder infection at that time, so I give her a break on that one.

Long story short, I'd have her urine tested if she shows any other signs that it may be an infection. Symptoms include: frequent urination, lethargy (in a bulldog, I know!), taking longer than usual to go to the bathroom, straining to pee, foul smelling urine, cloudy urine, etc.

Sometimes, they're just rockheaded and pills don't fix that XD

Priscilla

OP
Wlw9x

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Thanks for the input! My sister was up earlier than I was and my sister hates Katie because she drools and walks under her feet and stuff. :( She might have been mean to her or scared her... or maybe Katie was trying to get my sister to take her outside, I don't know. :/

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Poor katie... I keeo violet in the kennel because she will pee where she wants when we are not looking byt never on the couch, she went in my room looked at my husband and peed on his work shirt lol I think she was mad at him.. I hope it was just a one off. And no bladder infection ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
I ment violets in the kennel at night and when we leave lol

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Bad girl Katie!:D I know that a while ago, Mocha (she sleeps with us) got on the bed and I had just bought a beautiful comforter from Pottery Barn and she just right in front of us peed on it:blink: ! Just like that! I had just put it on the bed!! I have no explanation other than she didnt like the color:lmao:

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
If she continues to do it, shake pepper in the spots she pees. The areas you dont want her to pee on. I know it sounds silly, but she will sniff the area, get a whiff of pepper and move on. Eventually she will not dare to check it out. She will still lay on couch, but won't sniff there for pee spot. I did this on the second floor hallway and it worked.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
If she continues to do it, shake pepper in the spots she pees. The areas you dont want her to pee on. I know it sounds silly, but she will sniff the area, get a whiff of pepper and move on. Eventually she will not dare to check it out. She will still lay on couch, but won't sniff there for pee spot. I did this on the second floor hallway and it worked.

Great idea!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.