how do i stop his constant biting

brandi576

Jun 27, 2011
Seymour, Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
chance
Granted he's still a pup, chance wants to bite all the time! No matter what I do to try and get him to stop he just thinks your playing and continues to bite more..I have numerous bruises and marks on my legs from him! Any advice on how to get this behavior to stop would be greatly appreciated, because I would love to be able to play with him without him feeling the need to bite me!:nope:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Consistency and redirection. Coins in a can has prooved useful for many. The sudden sound diverts them. It is a phase and should get better. It's also better once those sharp puppy teeth come out.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
He is till a pup and they tend to do this at this age. Be strong and tell him no! He will grow out of it soon. My advice, get plenty of toys for Him!!! Teething is also a factor in this!!:luv:

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
How old is he? I had the same problem with violet who.is now 13wks. Omg she was a bad biter. Its totally mellowed out. We started with the squirt bottled worked great for a couple days then the can even used the dog.wistle. Now its a news paper she bit my mom real bad... Niw she sees it and stops :) I can now.pet her withput her.biting me yay goodluck

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

L

Lucy-licious

this is how he plays with his litter mates he's not being nasty he's just plating but yeah I hear ya it hurts like hell and really upsetting too.
we redirected Lucy by screeching/yelping as a pup would if hurt, then when she stopped startled we sat he away from us saying NO firmly and gave her a toy when she came back.
really worked for us :)
mouthing is also a way puppies learn what is acceptable in way of pressure, something very important cosidering a Bulldogs bite is weighed in tons :blink: so its important he is taught that mouthing/biting/nipping is not acceptable. consistency and patience is the key.
hang in there [MENTION=2639]brandi576[/MENTION] it does get better and theyre more than worth the perceverence.
I found Time out helped too .....helped me to calm down when it got a bit much :hug:

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Time out works great for me. I can give her a time out and catch up on things. Cook and clean! Its hard to clean when they think everything is a game. I mop n she bites the mop. I sweep n she bites the broom.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Time out works great for me. I can give her a time out and catch up on things. Cook and clean! Its hard to clean when they think everything is a game. I mop n she bites the mop. I sweep n she bites the broom.

Lol I have to put violet outside or ib her kennel while I sweep and mop. Shes frientened of the vacuum so she runs. I do put violet in her kennel on time out because she gets to pushy with my moms little dog.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I just read that if you rub frozen butter on your hands it will teach the pups to lick instead of bite because they want to taste the butter.(then when the pup licks you can praise the good behavior) Never tried it --wonder if it works. I used a lot of the methods mentioned here already with success--especially the yelping and crying when she bit me, (Lucy would get upset when I would pretend cry--sooo cute), coins in can, plenty of chew toys.

Good luck and hang in there--they do grow out of it!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION], i'm afraid i would be licking my fingers if there was butter all over them. yummmmm.:tongue:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.