Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have a dumb question:unsure:

do bulldogs drool more as they age?
b/c when i brought Tate home he didn't drool at all and i didn't know what everyone was talking about when they'd say that bulldogs drool all over. But now, at 5mos, he tends to get these big droplets of :drool: hanging from both sides of his mouth...not excessive but enough for me to notice and to run around with a napkin in my hand. I wonder if this will just increase as he gets older?

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Sometimes. I noticed with my bully Winston, as he got bigger so did the drool strings. :lol:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Funny you should say this because Wilson NEVER drooled until I started sneaking his medication in a glop of cream cheese. Who knew he would love cream cheese to the point of drooling in anticipation? Now it seems as if the flood gates have opened. As soon as I'm near the fridge he runs over, sits and a steady stream of drool droplets are pelting the linoleum. :drool:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson never drooled either, that is until 4 weeks ago. He just turned 6 months this past Saturday. Why just the other night he drank some water in the kitchen, walk a few feet away and while he had a nice wet stringer hanging he shook his head and on to the wall it went, nice!! :ROFL: I'm constantly wiping water off our wood floors, that is when I see it! With three dogs and one, Wilson, that has the mouth of a large hippopotamus, there's always a mess to clean. :)

Just wait until Tate has a playmate, then you're really in for it! :lol:

Last edited:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian and Oliver don't drool and hopefully they won't, but we do have two St. Bernard's who more than make up for that!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Fortunately mine do not drool except right after drinking water and then they leave a nice 2 or 3 foot trail from the water bowl. :tongue:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH may be an exception but she is 4.5 years old and drools very little.:pleasantry::happydance:

L

Lucy-licious

Fortunately mine do not drool except right after drinking water and then they leave a nice 2 or 3 foot trail from the water bowl. :tongue:

Lucy is like this she'll walk round the kitchen spreading the contents of her bowl...I swear I clean up more than she drinks :lol:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lucy is like this she'll walk round the kitchen spreading the contents of her bowl...I swear I clean up more than she drinks :lol:

Me too! I've never spent so much time bent over with paper towels in my hand cleaning up after T like i do now. My back is just begging for a massage!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So true, we should buy stock in paper towels. :ROFL:

Most Reactions

Members online