Long time no post, update, I have a question for Fromm feeders or any others that might know...

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
OMG I have soooo much catching up to do this is going to take me forever, so many new people!!!!

Currently I have Bear on Surf n Turf. I also put my nearly 14 yr old beagle on it as well. Bear's coat, tear stains, and body are doing great however I am concerned about my beagle. He is looking skinnier and skinnier by the day so upped his food from 2 C a day to 4 C. His health and coat seem to be fine. I take him to the vet this week for a check up so I'll double check with the vet but I think I should try a Fromm for mature dogs for him. With the 4 Star it says puppies-mature so I thought it would suffice.

For Bear I wanted to change up his flavor, is this possible to do without upsetting a bully's system too much? I know a few of you out there switch flavors. If you could perhaps tell me how often and if you have to mix the food like when you change them over to another brand, any advice would be helpful.

I have been extremely sick so I haven't been on the computer much at all, enough to get my work done but other than that I just haven't had the time so to speak. Good news is I am coming along fine and found out a couple of weeks ago I am having a GIRL!!! I wanted a boy so did hubby but you know what, we are still thrilled, I wasn't disappointed at all.

Now for bully news, Bear is a menance to society, lol. He is just my little snuggle bug, still likes to get under the bed. I've been feeding him carrots which he LOVES. Still trying to break him from marking every damn thing, he even tries to pee on my beagle, I have to watch him like a hawk in the house, it gets so bad, I either have to follow him around when he is walking or just leash him so he stays in my vicinity. He is using my belly has his pillow, I guess he likes this new development of having it sticking out, lol.

some random shots, I haven't been taking alot of photos lately :(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bear is such a cute boy, and as far as FROMM 4 star we change flavors with no mixing and have no problem. Congrads on the baby girl hope everything goes well.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Aww Bear is adorable, we have missed you! I hope everything will be OK for your beagle. I forgot you were having a baby it has been that long. Congrats on the baby girl! As far as food I don't know I use NVI and I do know I can change the flavor because everything else is exactly the same, thing is he only does good on the Salmon so we stick to it.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Congrats on the Girl! I always wanted a little girl I could dress up in pretty little dresses. But I had a boy. Lickily for me now I have two beautiful little granddaughters that love to dress up! Oh and of course I get to dress up HRH now, :walk: Only thing I never got to use is the name I had all picked out for a girl "Serenity Elise" but we can't have everything.

Glad to hear all is well with Bear. Perhaps if you do the flavor switch a little gradually it wouldn't even be noticeable...say 1/4 cup new to 3/4 old for a couple days before going 50/50.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow .. I must have totally missed the post that said you were pregnant. Congratualations !!!! :dance3:

We've missed pics of Bear!!!

As for the Fromm ... you can mix and match the flavours however you like!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Congratulations and hope you're feeling better!

I've been alternating between the Fromm Beef fritatta and the Surf 'n turf for Tate and he seems to be getting along fine with those.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY! When I found out I was having a girl, I cried! Good tears :). Anyway, as far as the food, you can switch between the flavors with no issues for their tummies. You might want to be careful because sometimes another food won't work as well. I would suggest trying the Beef Frittata. It is still grain free :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi nice to meet you. I don't think I've met you...but maybe..I have NO memory! May I tell you..as a mom to two grown daughters...boys can't hold a candle to having daughters! And...just wait..when your beautiful daughter is older..you will have ALL the boys you can handle hanging around! :laugh: just enjoy her..they grow up faster than pups..it seems! We use Fromm..new converts..I switched from surf n turf to beef fritatta..no transition and no problems! I have my non bully Dena on it too. She's only a few years old so she is doing fine. I hope all is well with your beagle.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I must have missed the post that u were preggers too!!! Congrats on having A girl cant wait to meet her !!! I was thinkin about y'all the other day hoping everything was ok. We need to see some more bear booty... Hehe

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Thanks everyone. I certainly do miss everyone and their bullies. I need to get caught up! I went ahead and changed the Fromm to Beef Frittata for the next shipment. I didn't get mature for my beagle, it said something about helping weight loss and he doesn't need that. He could be just losing mass being he is getting old. I'll consult with the vet.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Mammy mammy mammy mammy mammy mammy!!!

A little girl, that is wonderful!! I will tell you after having 3 boys there is nothing more sweet then looking at your baby girl. We missed you!!!

L

Lucy-licious

A Girl :) that is great news....any ideas on names yet??
Bear is as always just so darned adorable :love:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.