Heres something different...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OK, everyone always post that their bully's have runny :poo:, Vegas on the other hand for the last 4 days has been having way to hard :poo: He really has to push it out. I can see him contracting but nothing coming out. He will finally get out a little bit out, walk away, squat do another, walk away etc.. It takes him around 4 times until he is done. He only releases a little ball each time and they are very hard. Our poo sessions are lasting about 15 min. now.

After the first day I noticed it being extra hard and harder for him to go I started giving him apple for his bedtime snack. He drinks plenty of water and nothing in his diet has changed. Any other suggestions on how to help him "loosen" up a little but not to much?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
My first thought is obstruction. Did he eat a toy or part of a stuffed animal? The only time I have witnessed constipation with one of my dogs, is when they swallowed something very difficult to poop out. But don't panic because of my experience.

I would just be cautious of too much Apple, it may back fire in a couple days.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
A little pumpkin? Maybe a little wet food added to his dry food? Yogurt? Am not too sure since we tend to have the opposite problem with Frank. Good luck! Poor Vegas having to push so hard.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], I did a complete toy check, nothing seems to be missing, I did a complete poop check, I actually squished and seperated some of his poop to see if something was in it.....(god the things we do!) He has done this for 4 days, but he has pooped his usual times morning and evening, even slipped in an extra yesterday but all has been rock hard. This morning it took him 4 times to finally get a normal amount out, but again taking him 4 times to do it. HHhmmm????? Should I stop the apple? Is there something else I could give him? Other than that he is perfectly normal acting.

gizmo49ers

Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco, Roxy, Nico, Tank
He needs Pumpkin! Use the pumpkin pie filling that has no spices or sugar. Give him a couple tablespoons with his food, or even by itself. Pumpkin works both ways, to help stop diarrhea and constipation.... Poor baby, give him Pumpkin, it will help him out.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes pumpkin works for both being loose and constipated, as does yogurt. The apple isnt a bad thing either in moderation but actually pears are better in that department. (Things you learn having skin kids, haha) I would do a little of all the above and hopefully he will loosen up soon. Poor thing.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Vegas, hope he feels better soon, the pumpkin and yogurt should help. :pray:

L

Lucy-licious

Suppose I don't really need to mention the pumpkin and yoghurt...other home remedies include Olive oil, milk, and tinned wet dog food (yuk)
Hope his poops get normal soon give him a tummy massage too! It helps with babies and adults so maybe it will with dogs too. If not I'm sure he will enjoy the attention :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online