Nasty Bloodsuckers

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
So far this summer Chaos hasn't had any fleas which is a good thing right? Here in Alabama, fleas are always an issue. Instead, we have found 4 ticks on Chaos. Not all at one time but in the last 2 weeks he has had 4. We were using Promeris for prevention, but I stopped using it when they stopped manufacturing it. Is there a good spot on med that covers ticks as well as fleas?

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I'd be interested to hear what you guys have to say about this. Last night we pulled 4 ticks off of Jackson. I was all freaked out (I'm from NY, I don't do bugs!) and couldn't go to sleep until we thoroughly checked him. Now I'm not sure what to use to prevent more. We have a flea and tick spray, but I'm not sure if thats enough.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I thought that all the flea preparations also covered ticks. Am I wrong about this? Here in Western Washington, ticks aren't a big deal and contact with one would be rare indeed. East of the mountains however; different story as that's high desert country.

Not much help, am I? :laugh:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i use frontline on sarah and she does ok on it but i know some other bullys havent done as well. i use it on all 3 of my dogs. i also have to spray my yard every year to keep them down. im surprised they are around so late in the season.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online