Red eye question.

May 24, 2011
Chicago
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winslow aka The crop duster
I know bulldogs have redness in their eyes however, winslows one eye gets extremely red and then goes away. I don't think its cherry eye. Has anyone experienced this?

Sir Winslow (Tapatalk)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It may just be an allergy to something. Does it stay for a day or two and go away? If so that may be all it is.

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Violet gets red eyes even around her eyes i think its urritation from the durt iutside as well as allergue. I just give her benedryl daylie

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gypsy used to get this when we first got her. The white would turn REALLY red on one eye and in an hour or so it would go away. I think it was just her getting over excited. If Winslow's stays red, I would think it was an allergy or something along those lines.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
When Mocha gets tierd, Her eyes will get red. By the time she gets up they are fine. So with her I know its because she is tierd. Cherry eye is alittle different. Is there any swelling in the inside corners of the eyes??

OP
breaking wind bullie
May 24, 2011
Chicago
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winslow aka The crop duster
No swelling. I don't think its anything serious after reading several replies. Thank you.

Sir Winslow (Tapatalk)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sounds like some allergies to me. All 3 of my dogs get red eyes sometimes then it goes away. I believe cherry eye needs eye drops to go away.

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Cherry eye needs surgery to go away in almost all cases, sometimes it will go in and out on its own, but it needs surgery to be tacked back down where it belongs. Bacon has had cherry eye in both eyes, and both eyes needed two surgeries. Cherry eye looks like part of the eye is popping out. bacon cherry eye.jpg

Most Reactions