Vegas getting more clingy

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is a momma's boy, no argument there. But it is getting worse! Not only has he always followed me everywhere including the bathroom. He absolutely WILL NOT let Joe take him out to poo or pee even if Joe takes a treat, Vegas will run to his crate and not come out until I say lets go out. We have noticed this last week it is getting worse than ever, when Joe gets home from work around 6ish, Vegas will not even greet him at the door anymore. He runs straight to me and sits pushing his body up against me.

It really is hurting Joe's feelings, Joe has NEVER done anything to Vegas to make him behave this way. I think he wants to show Joe I am his and don't mess with his mommy, he knows he has to share when Joe gets home. Vegas wants nothing to do with Joe at all. Even when Joe bends down to scratch his head, Vegas just pushes himself closer to me.

Joe has even taken special measures this week to sit on the floor and play with Vegas and Vegas just sits at my feet and won't budge. I feel sorry for Joe but don't know what to do to make Vegas "like" him again.????? Any suggestions????

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I wish I had some advice! That's exactly how Rollie acts in our house, he always runs under the bed when my husband tries to get him to go outside and pee, or he will fake him out, and go half way down the hall and run back under the bed! It makes him frustrated too. Then when I get up he will go out. He sits outside the shower in the morning and waits for me to get out.. Never any "me time" lol. I am glad there are others like mine, because I have never seen it before either. :)

H

heff101

Actually that is a total sign of Vegas trying and succeeding in being the Alpha male or pack leader.
When Joe gets home he needs to go up to you and force vegas away from you to teach vegas he is not the pack leader.
Most pet owners think when their dog "cuddles" to them like that that it is love when in truth is is the pet trying to be the boss.
And when Joe attempts to get Vegas away form you (like he can come to you and hug you etc etc) you need to support Joe and ignore Vegas.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] , I am so sorry you guys are going through this, because it really is hurtful.When we first got Mocha (she was a little over 2 months) ALL she wanted to do was be with Scott!! I would get so mad because Scott didnt even want a dog!!:shout: But it was because I was working and the kids where at school all day so she spend all her time with Scott either in the office or going places with Him.Now that I have been home for about 3 weeks, she just wants me. She will go in the bathroom with me, she is like my shadow!!(no me time at all:D)And Scott now gets upset! but even now if Scott starts playing and goofing around with Josephine mocha will come and tries to get between them!So, maybe is just a little stage he is going through:heart:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I agree with [MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] It sounds mean but he needs to know whos boss.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Actually that is a total sign of Vegas trying and succeeding in being the Alpha male or pack leader.
When Joe gets home he needs to go up to you and force vegas away from you to teach vegas he is not the pack leader.
Most pet owners think when their dog "cuddles" to them like that that it is love when in truth is is the pet trying to be the boss.
And when Joe attempts to get Vegas away form you (like he can come to you and hug you etc etc) you need to support Joe and ignore Vegas.

Poor Vegas! I see a come to Jesus moment in his future. And I'm wondering what exactly heff101 means by the etc..etc..thing?

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] :ROFL:! I am so slow at getting jokes , but i see what you mean by etc,etc !!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
hahahahhahahahhaha! maybe vegas is just messing with joe. like when you let him pack his own bag for work and everything was mismatched and there were no socks or underwear! :ROFL: he's learning from mommy :heart: :bully: hahahahah!

i can picture vegas inching away from joe. :lmao:

but in all seriousness, i think [MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] is on to something. vegas is claiming you as his, so you just need to remind him of his place in the marino pack.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
i also agree with [MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION], he needs to know there is a human alpha dog. Some times it's not easy to do, but they will be happier in the end when they have a pack leader. Good luck, we just love Vegas.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.